Hello, I am thinking about getting an 8 string electric guitar, but I don't really know wich models I could buy. I have two models in mind, the Schecter Hellraiser C-8 or the Ibanez RG2228. I don't know which is better, which one is the least expensive and things like that. I would appreciate it if you could help me chosing an 8 string guitar, and it could be any model, not these two, these are my favorite but I know there's more of them. I would love it if you can help me. Thanks .
Ayy there
I don't really care for the price, because I work and my parents said that if I buy an 8 string guitar, they would pay 1/4 of the price. How much could be the 2228?
Ayy there
Thanks man, I was actually checking for the Hellraiser C-8 and it's not really expensive, it's around 900$/1000$, and according to the reviews on it here, it seems to be an awesome guitar for that price.
Ayy there
I'm partial to the Agiles, as far as bang for the buck is concerned. You can snag a great 8 string from them at prices between $500 and $1150 or so.

Get the Blackjack ATX 8 string. Less obnoxious on the abalone (it's neat for a few months, but really, it gets old) and the pickups are superior*. Plus, I think the ATX is around $100 cheaper - put that into a nice case or strings/strap-loks/etc.

* tone is subjective, but the common consensus with 8 string actives right now is EMG 808X>>>SD Blackouts>>>EMG 808s.

Agiles are fantastic for the value, as well, but you should know what tuning, scale length, fingerboard, bridge, et al you'd prefer. I'd go with the Schecter if you don't have a solid grasp on what options you want to invest in.
modes are a social construct
Last edited by Hail at Nov 7, 2011,
Thanks everybody for all of your replies, I am going to check for these guitars, although I live in a small town where there's only 2 music shop with items wayyyy overpriced... A Jay Turser starter kit for 450$, cheap drumsticks which would normally cost 10-15$ for 25$, etc... The most expensive guitar was not even a 7 string, it was a Schecter 6 string for 2500$...
Ayy there
Actually for less than the price of the major name brands factory guitars you can actually get a custom made agile 8 string.
Quote by metalhead983877
a Schecter 6 string for 2500$...
WHAT?!?!?! Was it made out of gold? lol where do you live that stuff is that over priced?
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
The 2228's build quality is much better than those Agiles. If you have the money buy it instead.
Quote by ibanez2011
WHAT?!?!?! Was it made out of gold? lol where do you live that stuff is that over priced?
No, it was a normal Hellraiser C-1 I think. I know for a fact that it's an Hellraiser 6 string but I don't know if it's a C-1. And to answer your question, I live in Rivière-du-loup, a small town in Quebec.
Ayy there
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
An LTD SC-608B Baritone Stephen Carpenter Signature model would probably suit you well. $1,050.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/signature/sc-608b.html

Or you could just get this and not pay for the name. http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/h-308.html
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X