Poll: Hanging as a joke, offensive? or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: Hanging as a joke, offensive? or not?
Yes
15 12%
No
86 71%
Maybe
20 17%
Voters: 121.
Page 1 of 2
Hey guys need your help here

I'm making a short comedy film and in one scene I'm depicting a video game (the physical case) hanging itself in a closet because a new game has come to replace it. (It'll just be a piece of string tied around the game)

Question: Do you think this would be found offensive or taken seriously by people? It will be on youtube and everything.

Thanks!
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Everything is offensive to somebody. Just make them get over it.
Check out my band Disturbed
I say do it. It's your art and if you feel that this scene is really necessary, then go for it. If it is something for school, then have some respect and don't.
You could say the word "poop" on tape and someone would take offense to it.

Just do what you think fits best, it's really not that bad.
More to the point, how are you gonna hang a square box without it looking more like a present than a suicide?
Quote by nigeltheginger
More to the point, how are you gonna hang a square box without it looking more like a present than a suicide?

Looks like TS is gonna need to learn how to make a hangman's noose.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Looks like TS is gonna need to learn how to make a hangman's noose.

But it's a smooth square container - it'll just fall out?
Quote by andyscoot
If you have to ask whether it's acceptable to do it, don't bother.

yeeea that's what's making me second guess. I mean the way it's shot it's not geared in anyway as to be taken seriously so idk. I'm trying to think of any movies I've seen where a hanging was ever taken lightly tho..but usually anything that has that is not a comedy. faack
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by nigeltheginger

Idk drill a hole or some shit. Or try superglue.
Quote by redhotsexmagic
yeeea that's what's making me second guess. I mean the way it's shot it's not geared in anyway as to be taken seriously so idk. I'm trying to think of any movies I've seen where a hanging was ever taken lightly tho..but usually anything that has that is not a comedy. faack

THE GOONIES
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by nigeltheginger

yea it's a game case..i didn't make a noose out of it, it's just like brown string tied around it and it's hanging there. it's nothing like an actual noose looks, i didn't want to go that far lol.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
i already shot the scene i'm just wondering whether to include it because it's pretty integral to the whole movie..so anyone suggesting ways to hang it, it's all taken care of haha
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by redhotsexmagic
yea it's a game case..i didn't make a noose out of it, it's just like brown string tied around it and it's hanging there. it's nothing like an actual noose looks, i didn't want to go that far lol.

So the game case is hanging from some string? Make a goddamn noose you fucking pussy.
Nice name. And put it in your movie, although I can't really see people getting offended at a videogame being hung, but I'm not everybody so
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Quote by G.Krizzel
My Blastoise is quite offensive:

No it's not, if you bothered to look at the stats it clearly specializes in Defense.
Quote by FearMyLightning
So the game case is hanging from some string? Make a goddamn noose you fucking pussy.

haha I didn't want to do a noose bc I wanted to stay as far away from a legit hanging but to still get the point across..also because I can't make a noose and I guess I'm a pussy for that
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
It doesn't offend me. Do it, TS, the worst that can happen is somebody cries a little, but then mans/womans up and gets over it.

EDIT: If you want to make sure people know its a hanging, without a noose, just make sure people see it drop to the end of the rope.
If you had *insert famous political figure here* hanging in a closet, that might be offensive.. But not what you described.
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Maybe you should go to some Neo-nazi conventions so you can learn to make one then. That's how i keep my skills up.
Who cares if anyone's offended? Do it regardless if the joke has any integrity.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
If you're talking about the "hanging" part, then I really don't think anyone would be offended by that, unless they still hang people in New Jersey. Now, if you're wondering about the suicide part, then I can possibly see some people getting offended. Still, put it in the movie. At worst, a few people won't like that scene. Big deal.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Not offensive, certainly not funny though.

Quote by nigeltheginger

These.
No, your blastoise is hardly offensive. Water pokemon are lame, gyradose has no special attack at all, sorry hyperbeam and hydro pump and any water move, gyradose cant do shit but thrash and bite.
A game box hanging probably won't be offensive at all.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by korinaflyingv
just because it's very defensive doesn't mean it can't be quite offensive

True, but relative to other pokemon it's not particularly offensive.
Quote by redhotsexmagic
Hey guys need your help here

I'm making a short comedy film and in one scene I'm depicting a video game (the physical case) hanging itself in a closet because a new game has come to replace it. (It'll just be a piece of string tied around the game)

Question: Do you think this would be found offensive or taken seriously by people? It will be on youtube and everything.

Thanks!
Humor is a subjective thing, which is why the concept "Sense of humor" exists. You should never back out of something just because someone might be offended by it. Doing that would be to not live.

The first response in the thread pretty much wrapped it up.
Man, you are 25! Why are you so worried about this?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Humor is a subjective thing

...!

Going for a lie down.
okay guys thanks for all the replies and thoughts on it..I ended up switching it out for something I think was much better so you can check out the finished video!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494200

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_wjXpyCZE&feature=channel_video_title this one
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Page 1 of 2