Emperor's Child
Isn't It?
2,486 IQ
WIP, this (part of a) song is something I started on no more than an hour ago, anyone think it has potential? (I get lazy at finishing songs ), or have ideas for changes?

C4C of course
Attachments:
In The Presence of Colour.gp5
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
troyofyort
2nd place is da 1st loser
804 IQ
yes I think after where you are so far have a chord progression with a straight eighth note rhythm for a chorus or prechorus either one. maybe even a lead/melody guitar part. Also add some cool drum fills to make drums more interesting.

C4C here : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493704
Last edited by troyofyort at Nov 7, 2011,
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
The intro is alright, and would probably sound cooler recorded. I was kinda iffy on the drums, until I realized that they too would sound much cooler when recorded. I liked the placement of the cymbal hits.

I was wondering where you were going with this next part. I really liked when you brought the intro back into it. Oh wait, it's not exactly the intro, but it has a similar feel. Kinda interested to see where you go with those staccato-like notes in 28 and 32.

Overall, it's a good start I suppose. But really, you're the only one who can decide whether it's worth continuing or not.
Shaharz
DAH KEWL GUY
921 IQ
Well...
Starts off nice, drums are kinda annoying but like RedDeath9 said, it will probably be better recorded.

The 7/8 part is good, I really like stuff like that, but you hear stuff like that a lot these days so I can't really say it's something special. I liked it better when the bass and drums kicked in with that intro-ish thing. That's great.

Not really much to say, I'd like to see more of it but from the 2 and a half riffs you have I can't really tell you if it can really go places. You're the one who has to decide.

C4C "The Sky Is Simply Low " in my sig if you'd be so kind
Last edited by Shaharz at Nov 11, 2011,
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
Quote by Shaharz
Well...
Starts off nice, drums are kinda annoying but like RedDeath9 said, it will probably be better recorded.

The 7/8 part is good, I really like stuff like that, but you hear stuff like that a lot these days so I can't really say it's something special. I liked it better when the bass and drums kicked in with that intro-ish thing. That's great.

Not really much to say, I'd like to see more of it but from the 2 and a half riffs you have I can't really tell you if it can really go places. You're the one who has to decide.

C4C "The Sky Is Simply Low " in my sig if you'd be so kind

You bastard, all you did was reword my crit
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?
2,486 IQ
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
At least I have a clear answer to what needs improving.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Shaharz
DAH KEWL GUY
921 IQ
Quote by RedDeath9

Oh so now I'm not allowed to agree with you? You sonofabitch!

And while I'm agreeing with people, BKGMorley is also correct. This does have a Porcupine Tree feel.
MetalCommand
988 IQ
Intro riff is cool, too many crashes from the drums though imo. The 7/8 riff is also very nice. Personally I'd bring in the bass and drums back in sooner though, 8 bars is quite a long time without them, I feel the song loses some momentum. Anyway, I generally really like it, definitely worth finishing and turning into a full song.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500443