I'm visiting some family this Christmas, and I'd like to bring a guitar, but I'm not going to bring my whole half stack and pedal board. I'd like to get a little combo amp with some built in effects that I can take with me. I also like playing around the camp fire when I go camping, so having a battery operated one would be nice.

My problem with these, is that they usually sound really small and weak, no bass response, and they're meant for kids who just want quantity instead of quality. I'm looking for something that will have some good bass response and a quality sound, price isn't really an issue, I just want to know what the best one out there is. I've heard of the Roland Micro-Cubes, Line 6 Spiders, and the Peavey Vypyr Nano, but I haven't really tested any of them. Any thoughts?
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Cube all the way, my rhythm guitarists got a Micro Cube RX to make Jamming easier so he doesn't have to lug his 50 pound amp around all the time and I have to say for how much he spent it is a beastly little thing.

I'm considering getting one myself, my buddy hasn't had a complaint yet and for $100 bucks I think anyone would be.
Quote by Helicopters!
Visit your goddamned family instead of sitting in your room with your guitar.

Seriously?? I'm bringing my guitar WITH ME to my grandparents house. They want to hear me play, but I don't want to bring a 6505+, an oversized cabinet, and a pedalboard the size of a guitar case to their little house in Texas.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
i go guitar-->zoom g2.1u--> iPod speakers for my mobile rock show in the trunk of my car in the parking lot of the mall.

lol
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
The mustang mini
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Mustang-Mini-7W-1x6-5-Battery-Powered-Guitar-Combo-Amp-107408734-i2024955.gc?esid=mustang+mini

I guess it's in the same market as the cube. Many people don't know about the mustang mini because I believe it came out a month or so ago.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
The mustang mini
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Mustang-Mini-7W-1x6-5-Battery-Powered-Guitar-Combo-Amp-107408734-i2024955.gc?esid=mustang+mini

I guess it's in the same market as the cube. Many people don't know about the mustang mini because I believe it came out a month or so ago.

Didn't know that existed.
TS definitely go and try the Mustang and the Cube out if you can.
Today I heard a dude rocking out with a Cube on the New York City subway. He was getting a damned decent brown sound for a tiny battery amp in a moving train.
I'm a user of VOX mini3. It has got 12 (I can be wrong, sorry for my memory :P ) amp models and a lot of effects, delays, reverbs, some compressors and flangers. It really should meet your expectations about the battery-powered amp. Producer says that it will work on batteries around 30hrs, but I havent tried it to work on batteries. It's my home practice amp.
If anyone recommended anything other than the Micro Cube, they were wrong.
I currently own a micro cube(paid $20) and a Cube 30x(paid $0.60) and love them both.

Shit, my first amp ever was a cube 15. And i've always maintained that they are by far the best practice amp you can get.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by Jyrgen
Vox DA5 is a competent option as well.

This is what I use and sounds pretty good. It's speaker sucks, but what can you do.
Those little battery powered Roland Microcubes are mighty little amp for what they are. And Roland stuff is always reliable. I'd be happy busking with one even with the stock little speaker. I think Roland are onto a winner with that little beasty.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification