So I've been checking out some amps to upgrade from my cube 15.

Found a used peavey bandit 112 for 175€.

Do you think it's worth it?
I've been checking some vids and some reviews and it seems to be a pretty good amp for it's value..
Anyway is there any better option? I'm not considering to save up money so soon for a tube amp ^^

ty in advance
I personally like the bandit...It's not a huge upgrade from your cube but I would consider it to be better. It will take pedals really well, so you will be able to pull off a fairly wide variety of styles. The only thing that strikes me is the price. Isn't that like $250? That's outrageously expensive for a used one. I see them go for $75-100 here, so I'm thinking it should be 30-40 euros...I would think that there are better options in that price range.
:O
you sure you are talking about the same amp?
thomann and musicstore have them at 300€ (400-450$) new
And at least here where I live a used cube 15x costs around 40-50€ lol
I'm sure. I just found one brand new for $350. I also found 3 used for between $75 and $150.
A lot of stuff is cheaper in the US.
The Bandit usually goes for 100€ to 200€. Not sure where you live though, swedish prices are a bit lower afaik.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
You might find a peavy valve king second hand for a similar price, better than the bandit anyway and it has valve tone. A lot of mods knocking about online for it too.
I saw a brand new one sitting up at a shop for only 100usd. The shop has cut their prices significantly to try and sell stuff. (Which is how I got my 6505 for 750usd)

I was tempted to play it with all of it's features for that price. I just assumed it did nothing but metal, and was most likely noisey
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
It's pretty meh, takes pedals well-ish though. Good if you just need a cheap platform for your multifx.

It's not really big enough for gigging either, just almost. I recommend just getting a bigger Cube, if you like it.
I live in portugal, kinda have no idea what the prices are outside here.
Our shops here dont cut their prices (yay our economy rocks!)

There might be a chance ill test the bandit out, still think that a cube 40 or ++ is better?

ty for the replies btw
I would go for the 80 watt version. It has a 12" speaker, and more headroom, which is important with solid state power sections.

If you can afford a Vypyr Tube that would be great... do you like your Cube?
Yeah the cube is not bad, was my 1st amp.
Nowadays I only use the Clean or the lead overdrive channel, kinda dont like the other effects..
you mean the amp models?
as I said I mainly use theclean or the overdrive channel for playing some rock, and blues.
I quite like peavey SS amps.

For cleans anyway.

Its not really an upgrade IMO.

Look for a roland blues cube. Theyre pretty cheap and well regarded.
Quote by beckyjc
I quite like peavey SS amps.

For cleans anyway.

Its not really an upgrade IMO.

Look for a roland blues cube. Theyre pretty cheap and well regarded.

TBH, I think it was the speaker that killed it for me.
Quote by AtaBorMan
A lot of stuff is cheaper in the US.
The Bandit usually goes for 100€ to 200€. Not sure where you live though, swedish prices are a bit lower afaik.

Yeah, we have the prices locked down on the low to medium quality stuff. If you want anything good (Marshall, Orange, etc...) you have to pay through the nose for it. Anyway, it's been forever since I've played a Bandit but I would consider it a bit of an upgrade from a Cube, just not much of one. From what I remember the cleans are really good and it does take pedals really well. If you can't find anything tube for that price, then I would go for it. But I would think that you should be able to get into a Night train for around that price (judging from what they go for here) or maybe a Class 5...Not exactly amps to gig with but a lot better than the Bandit. And they are perfect for moderate rock and blues...