Finally finished the sixth song for my demo album. Been working on this one for the past week and a bit, so it's been a long time coming for me If you've checked out any of the past 5, you'll probably enjoy this one!

C4C as usual, leave me a link!

http://soundcloud.com/terethien/06-drifting-through-golden
Hmmm nice sounds and synths going on at the beginning. I felt the transition to drum part was a little too quick, I would of swelled it up, and bring the volume down in the intro. Not the biggest fan of the drums, but they get the job done (I always recommend Superior Drummer, sounds great for this kind of thing) The lead part is pretty cool. I like the rhythm tremolo thing, it's nice. A lot smoother transitions here, me likey. The distortion is a little too high gain and trebly for me on the rhythm part. The choir parts sound nice. The lead sounds a little too electronic, but I guess thats what you want. It's all good pretty much, great writing. C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494271
Metorical, I agree with rockfan about the writing. I like it!

I like the guitar melody that starts at 00:55, but didn't care for the tone. It was thin and sputtery. The tremolo effect was cool. I felt the rhythm tone at 3:38 was too fuzzy and ill defined. The lead tone at 4:45 was great and really carried the song to a good end.

I thought the fade out in the last 2 sec was too fast. And most importantly when I listen to your Reflections set I like the volume levels between songs to match. This one was pretty hot compared to the others.

Great Work!
Hehehe oh yes, trust me, the search for the proper tone continues I feel like getting these ideas out first to hear what people think of the songs. They will most definitely be re-recorded in a more proper way once I have everything set.

And I'm stuck with the drums I have now until I can afford better samples for them unfortunately.

And Fly, just for the sake of clarification, are you talking about the last synth note with the fade or last guitar part?

Rockfan: I'll give you a crit tomorrow as soon as I can!
The last 2 sec, which would be the synth note. If you just made the fade out maybe 5 to 10 secs it wouldn't be so abrupt.
The only things I would critique, everyone else has already pointed out (guitar tones/drums and such). I liked where you went with it at 1:50! Some parts, like the guitar at 2:45 gave me an explosions in the sky kind of vibe, which is always a good thing in my book! I enjoyed the songwriting (which is what matters anyway) and have no beefs with it. Once you get better recordings you'll be set my friend! Good luck!
Hey! I listened to the 06 track.
Loved the intro, the bass detail is lovely...
Nice transition to that distorted guitar and drums...
The synth is great too, it makes the song more unique, in my opinion...
No vocals? =( Why no vocals man?
If i have to define this song, i would say that is something that you dont hear around often... really original...

------------------------------
If you think that I made a good review of your work, would you be so kind of checking out my work?
This is my website: www.manhattanrock.com.ar
And this is my work, that if you can, please leave a message at the youtube video, so that it starts to move around... If you like it, please, rep it up and subscribe! I will do that back!
http://youtu.be/QsZvk8PrHOI

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by MrArarat
Hey! I listened to the 06 track.
Loved the intro, the bass detail is lovely...
Nice transition to that distorted guitar and drums...
The synth is great too, it makes the song more unique, in my opinion...
No vocals? =( Why no vocals man?
If i have to define this song, i would say that is something that you dont hear around often... really original...

Glad you liked it! There's no vocals as this whole album was started as an instrumental post-rock project about a month ago. It can be hard to find a way to fit vocals in to this style and still have it create the same atmosphere.

If I do revisit some of these songs and put vocals in, I'd have to find someone else to do them as I certainly can't
Great track! Good ideas here. I like most of what the instruments are playing, but it doesn't sound too good. You especially need to work on your transitions. The intro is very unexpected, in a bad way. Try having the drums come in sooner, but in the background with lots of room (reverb, and some pre-delay). Double track the rhythm guitars. The tone at 3.40 is terrible, tbh.

There's a lot you can do with your transitions and extremely much you can do with the mix. Your music is good. Keep it up!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Thanks for the crit Critting as I listen.

The intro is very mellow, I love how throbbing the bass is without overpowering the tone. It also builds up a lot of suspense.

I like the drums when they kick in - great beat, but I agree they don't sound the best. The guitar part is really nice too, although I feel they needed some sort of build up before they dropped in.

The bit around 2 minutes is great. I really like the chugging, although I feel the rhythm is unnecessary because it is so blurred and they should just chug constantly for a more driving effect.

The song flows really well, really carried by the great beats. The choiry synth at 3:45ish could be a better timbre, perhaps more airy and more background, with the distorted guitar bigger with two tracks panned to each sides to envelop the track. I like the sharp tone.

The break at 4:35 is effective, but I feel there should be a bit more of a count in on the drums before it comes in with the guitar.

The solos are cool, very complimentary. The last synth note should hold for longer and fade out gradually.