Page 1 of 2
"Destined to decay, these few survivors...turn the living to pillars of salt."

Wonder what popular postcards portrayed in the past? Brutal murders by vigilantes. Yes, this is what people wrote on to their relatives, telling them how they're doing.

www.withoutsanctuary.org

Last edited by y0d4 at Nov 7, 2011,
My history professor showed my class this website last month. Just terrible. I can't believe some of the injustices done in the past.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
This is a subject that has never bothered me. I think it is quite amusing that photos of lynchings were used as postcards. I remember when I first came across this subject five years ago, I openly laughed in the middle of class.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
This is a subject that has never bothered me. I think it is quite amusing that photos of lynchings were used as postcards. I remember when I first came across this subject five years ago, I openly laughed in the middle of class.

I hope to **** you're actually trolling.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
It's amazing that we've completely glossed over this part of history.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Land of the free, home of the brave etc.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
http://withoutsanctuary.org/main.html
Quote by from the forum of that website
So many white people view these pictures and wish that African Americans would leave such vile images in the past. If that is so I would ask that they to would denounce the American Flag, denounce the Founding Fathers, and burn the Constitution. If our history must be obliterated in order to numb the masses, than our history should not be forced to go alone. After all if you do not dismiss the entire history of America slavery will simply rear its "ugly" head again.

I think it's pretty ****ing shitty to ask them to forget about just because it makes the nation look bad. The nation deserves to look bad, because all the shit they did was bad.

EDIT:Link failed. Maybe this one is right;

http://withoutsanctuary.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=664&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Nov 7, 2011,
Quote by Butt Rayge

I think it's pretty ****ing shitty to ask them to forget about just because it makes the nation look bad. The nation deserves to look bad, because all the shit they did was bad.

+1
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Tango616
I hope to **** you're actually trolling.

No, I am not "trolling." Grow up, people have died in the past and will continue to die. Sometimes these deaths are for racial reasons, sometimes they are from "natural causes." In what way do these deaths affect you? May I add that these creatures died a century ago.

On the topic of finding the postcards amusing, do you not like to laugh? I like to laugh, it brightens the melancholic truth, that is our mortality.
Quote by Butt Rayge

EDIT:Link failed. Maybe this one is right;

http://withoutsanctuary.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=664&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Exactly.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
No, I am not "trolling." Grow up, people have died in the past and will continue to die. Sometimes these deaths are for racial reasons, sometimes they are from "natural causes." In what way do these deaths affect you? May I add that these creatures died a century ago.

On the topic of finding the postcards amusing, do you not like to laugh? I like to laugh, it brightens the melancholic truth, that is our mortality.

I think our history needs to be acknowledged but also recognized for what it is, history. there are many countries that still lynch and stone people so although America has some brutal periods in our history i feel we as a nation have taken great strides toward ensuring they do not repeat themselves.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!

You're deep and edgy bro.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by due 07

Some people should spend less time posing for pictures and more time straightening and cleaning their house.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!

What is it with ignorant morons and their propensity to add generations to how long ago slavery/lynchings/segregation was.

No, these people didn't die hundreds of years ago. A good number of the pictures are from the early decades of the 1900s.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Dirge Humani
He looks like a fucktard.

Well spotted!

Quote by Nacho Cheese!
In what way do these deaths affect you?

It's called human decency. Empathy is a good thing, y'know.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

What is it with ignorant morons and their propensity to add generations to how long ago slavery/lynchings/segregation was.

No, these people didn't die hundreds of years ago. A good number of the pictures are from the early decades of the 1900s.

I said a century, not centuries. I am aware of the fact that some of these pictures are only eighty years old and not one hundred years old. I wasn't giving a precise date but an estimate.

Quote by dann_blood

It's called human decency. Empathy is a good thing, y'know.

Yeah, because we really have to time to empathize with every human who has ever died. Those deaths will only phase you because it forces you to confront your own mortality.
Last edited by Nacho Cheese! at Nov 7, 2011,
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Not only that, but lynches were common place until the 60s. And there's still a rare lynching today.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Nacho Cheese!

I laugh at things like the holocaust, lynchings, genocide, torture, and other examples of human brutality because I'm all pretentious and edgy.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by son_of_bodom
I laugh at things like the holocaust, lynchings, genocide, torture, and other examples of human brutality because I'm all pretentious and edgy.
Mhmm, and because it happened long ago, people will still die, it didn't affect us, so why should we care, right?

For reals though, Nacho is just a powerdoucher.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
Mhmm, and because it happened long ago, people will still die, it didn't affect us, so why should we care, right?

For reals though, Nacho is just a powerdoucher.

Exactly, why adopt any sentiments of empathy, when I could simply be complacent with the recapitulation of such behaviors.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I thought trying to be edgy and hardcore stops after you get through middle school. Guess I was wrong.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!

Yeah, because we really have to time to empathize with every human who has ever died. Those deaths will only phase you because it forces you to confront your own mortality.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by Nacho Cheese!

Quote by Vornik
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
I said a century, not centuries. I am aware of the fact that some of these pictures are only eighty years old and not one hundred years old. I wasn't giving a precise date but an estimate.

Is this you?

I couldn't afford you a postcard with nice scenery so here is a picture of guy getting hanged.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Nacho Cheese!

im gonna laugh my ****ing head off every time someone you know dies at the hands of another human for no real reason
Quote by zenbone
I think our history needs to be acknowledged but also recognized for what it is, history. there are many countries that still lynch and stone people so although America has some brutal periods in our history i feel we as a nation have taken great strides toward ensuring they do not repeat themselves.

This.

The examples of the postcards show an interesting change in the general public's psyche in the past 100 years. It shows that something that's absolutely not acceptable now was once considered as acceptable. It should come as no surprise to us, and the further back we go, the more injustice we see being considered as acceptable.
For instance in the middle ages, old women were burned at the stake as witches and people were tortured and killed for being members of the wrong religion.

I recently watched a program about 17 skeletons that were discovered at the bottom of an old well in Norwich that date back to the 12th or 13th century, eleven of which were children aged between two and 15. It turns out they were Jewish, many were members of the same family, and more than likely the victims of persecution and ethnic cleansing.

We need examples like this to show ourselves how far we've actualy come in a humanitarian way. If it disgusts us, good, it damn well ought to.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This.

The examples of the postcards show an interesting change in the general public's psyche in the past 100 years. It shows that something that's absolutely not acceptable now was once considered as acceptable. It should come as no surprise to us, and the further back we go, the more injustice we see being considered as acceptable.
For instance in the middle ages, old women were burned at the stake as witches and people were tortured and killed for being members of the wrong religion.

I recently watched a program about 17 skeletons that were discovered at the bottom of an old well in Norwich that date back to the 12th or 13th century, eleven of which were children aged between two and 15. It turns out they were Jewish, many were members of the same family, and more than likely the victims of persecution and ethnic cleansing.

We need examples like this to show ourselves how far we've actualy come in a humanitarian way. If it disgusts us, good, it damn well ought to.

My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by guitarninjaruy
Only in America

...and Australia.

...and probably half the countries in the world.

Unless you mean the postcards and not the lynching.
A question to the more American crowd, when you study History do they cover topics like this and the slave trade. The stuff that puts America in a bad light, or is it swept under the carpet so to speak?
Page 1 of 2