Buddy of mine got his hands on a Plush Congress IV. after digging up some info turns out its a PA amp that stacks up to be a guitar amp too. supposed to be a twin reverb clone or some other kind of fender amp clone. got pics right here.

looks pretty sweet, its got like 4 channels. all tube, and he says they all light up. and he wants to sell it around $300. this vintage amp worth it? and does anyone know how it will handle overdrive?

*EDIT* forgot to mention, its from 1970/1971 and im gonna head over and play it on Wednesday...
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Nov 7, 2011,
if its in good condition its a good pickup.

but that cab covering is terrible. why did anyone think that was a good idea.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
^ i think its great, but i mean this is coming from a guy thats going to buy a tweed and green 2x12
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
looks like a good score to me.
Valve P.A heads make really nice bass heads (much cheaper than any other tube bass head).
Would suit guitar if your going for a really clean sound that has a bit more character than a solid state,or alot of low end.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
i seen them on local ebay a while ago, if im not mistaken

dunno what he asked for it...

damn, that's ugly amp!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
^I'm pretty sure he can mount it on something better looking xD.
TS It looks like an useful piece of gear to me, get it!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
it is just a PA, not really a guitar amp, so don't expect favorable overdrive tones. what power tubes does it have (and how many)? it looks like it has that funky 'Kustom tuck n roll' style covering.

i'd say 300 bucks might actually be a bit of a high-ball estimate, i have gotten similar equipment for 200 bucks (and this piece has NO name recognition and is not even a guitar amp, no one chases after ancient PA's cuz they were so feeble compared to contemporary systems).

i'd play before i buy to make sure it is even worth playing with, and then i'd offer him 200 bucks, wouldn't pay more than 250.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
It's total rubbish. Send it to me, I'll pay for the postage.

Honestly though, how good a platform for modding would that thing be? Even if it doesn't work well as a guitar amp now, if it really is based, even loosely, on a Fender Twin .......... well the mind orgasms at the possibilities. A four channel Fender Twin, I mean come on!!! It would be a tech's dream. Hell it wouldn't even need to be loosely based on a Twin, just vaguely would be ok. As long as it has the same tube compliment really.

$300? You might find a buyer. A modder might be keen, if I had $300 and lived in LA I'd probably buy it if it looks right inside. If he somehow works in that it's four channels based on a Fender Twin it would probably attract some interest. Have a look inside, see if it at least has the right valves. It will probably have an extra preamp tube at least, maybe two.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification