Elixir Nanoweb 10's, Elixir Polyweb 10's, Ernie Ball 10's, Dean Markley 10's or D'Addario 10's. I play pop punk (blink, sum 41, greenday etc.
Kinda something you just have to experiment with. I love Elixir on both my acoustic and electrics vut some people think they're way too bright. I also have used Ernie Ball but they corrode on me too quickly. Never liked the tone of D'Addario or Markley but some people swear by them. Every time you change strings, try a different pack.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
This is a totally subjective thing.

Strings are, relatively speaking, cheap. Just play a bunch of different ones and see how you like them.

Often it's a good idea to write down your first impressions of new strings after you put them on, because you won't be able to remember the specific differences by the time you change them. Then after a few months when you've gone through the rotation you can look at your notes and say, "Oh, I want that."
thanks. I'll use the elixirs, i like bright sounds. thx hotspur jr. I'll probably change to elixirs first then go around the different brands. another question is, which one lasts the longest?
I've always liked the feel of Slinkys.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
elixirs claim to last longest because of their coating. after trying a whole bunch of different strings, i believe them.
I'd second (or third I guess) the elixir's life. I'm pretty serious about having fresh strings and I'll still go a month or two without changing them.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I'm experimenting (hey, it's college!) with strings, but I keep running back to 10-52's for just about every tuning I use. Not really loyal to any brand.
Like they said, this is pretty subjective. I've not really noticed a ton of difference between brands. I've pretty much settled on Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys. If you like bright, I'd try strings on the thinner side.