I want to connect my ValveKing 100 tube amp to my computer so that I can easily record music but I don't really know how to do this. I went reading up on Google about it yet I'm still slightly lost.

First of all I generally don't know how to do it. Also my amp dosen't have a headphone slot that I could use to plug into the computer, which I'm really having a hard time getting my head around.

I just want to be able to plug my guitar into my amp and then into my computer to record with the same tone from my amp.

Anyone care to fill me in?
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
VK100 doesn't have a lineout for recording. To record direct you'd need some kind of attenuator that can act as a dummy load for silent recording.
Unfortunately, without a line out on the amp, you can't record directly to your PC without an interface and a microphone.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
You need to mic your amp, run that to an interface, then record on a DAW like reaper. Alternativly, you can find some pretty good sims out there to avoid miccing your amp but you still need an interface.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I just use a cheap 2-4 channel mixer that I got for $50. Behringer I think.

Cheap $40 interface by behringer once again.

Borrowed my buddies sm57. Decent recording for $90

The mic is like $100 though, unless there are cheaper options.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You're going to at least need an interface to connect to your PC and a mic if your amp doesn't have a line out.

What is your budget & what are your reasons for setting up a home recording system? If you're struggling to get to grips with all that is needed to connect to a PC, you may find it easier to get started by purchasing a multitracker as your DAW instead of using a PC based system. For most home recording uses they can do pretty much everything that a basic PC setup can do.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Mixer: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-xenyx-502-mixer/631262000000000

Interface: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-u-control-uca202-usb-audio-interface

Mic: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/audio-technica-pro-63-cardioid-dynamic-instrument-microphone/270617000000000

Just over 100 all together if my maths is right. I'm not sure I would go cheap on the mic though. I won't recommend a multi-track recorder, as you can get what I just listed for pretty much the same price.

Edit: Came to $120 all together
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Nov 8, 2011,
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Mixer: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-xenyx-502-mixer/631262000000000

Interface: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-u-control-uca202-usb-audio-interface

Mic: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/audio-technica-pro-63-cardioid-dynamic-instrument-microphone/270617000000000

Just over 100 all together if my maths is right. I'm not sure I would go cheap on the mic though. I won't recommend a multi-track recorder, as you can get what I just listed for pretty much the same price.

Can understand why you may not recommend a multitracker, some prefer them & some don't, but I'm curious why you'd recommend an interface/software combination with an external mixer as that can be controlled within the software DAW?

Seems like an unnecessary expense if you're going that route, you'd be better off saving that money & adding it to your budget for a better interface.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Can understand why you may not recommend a multitracker, some prefer them & some don't, but I'm curious why you'd recommend an interface/software combination with an external mixer as that can be controlled within the software DAW?

Seems like an unnecessary expense if you're going that route, you'd be better off saving that money & adding it to your budget for a better interface.

You mean, software that comes with the interface for recording?

10 dollars more you can get the same Behringer interface, and it comes with tons of software.

There are many free options though.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
You mean, software that comes with the interface for recording?

10 dollars more you can get the same Behringer interface, and it comes with tons of software.

There are many free options though.

I mean whatever software DAW you choose to use. The whole point of buying an interface is to allow you to hook up to a PC and control everything in your software without needing an external mixer. I'm just saying that as you don't need an external mixer, you can spend the money on a higher spec interface.

If someone does want an interface which is also an external mixer, something like the Zoom R series would be a good recommendation as that is what it is designed to do, and would probably be simpler for a newbie who doesn't know what they're doing to get started with.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Nov 8, 2011,
Quote by GaryBillington
I mean whatever software DAW you choose to use. The whole point of buying an interface is to allow you to hook up to a PC and control everything in your software without needing an external mixer. I'm just saying that as you don't need an external mixer, you can spend the money on a higher spec interface.

If someone does want an interface which is also an external mixer, something like the Zoom R series would be a good recommendation as that is what it is designed to do, and would probably be simpler for a newbie who doesn't know what they're doing to get started with.

Oh you mean like a direct guitar to PC type thing.

I thing he wants to get the true tone of his amp recorded though.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie

If you want your gear to last and not sound like shite stay away from behringer...

You dont need a mixer, just an interface. You can do all the mixing on your DAW.

For a good cheap dynamic mic keep an eye out on ebay for Audix i5, sennheiser e606, shure 545...

For interfaces the cheapest one i could possibly reccomend is the Alesis Io2, and thats not got the best reliability, youll wanna do your own research into it. Besides that, line 6 ux1, 2nd hand digidesign mbox can be had for real cheap (if you use XP or previous), presonus audiobox, focusrite saffire 6..
Quote by Guitarbaddie

you just don't need a mixer... Everything a mixer does, the software does the exact same.
Quote by Guitarbaddie

You obviously haven't looked into this sort of thing very much. With a proper interface, he'd just mic up his amp and plug the mic into the interface in order to get the true tone of his amp. If he wanted to plug his guitar in direct to the PC, this would be done with the same interface.

I'm just saying if he chooses to go the interface route, he doesn't need an external mixer, just the interface and a microphone to point at his amp.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud