I just wanted to ask you guys for a little help. I enjoy playing my acoustic 10x more than my electric and I also prefer to cover a majority of songs on the acoustic. My problem is my voice isn't quite right for a lot of songs.

I've found my voice to match up and sound a lot like Maynard's from Tool and APC (When a camera isn't pointing at me anyway) and I was wondering if you guys could give me the names of some bands or artists that have similar vocal ability so I can enjoy playing my acoustic even more.

Thanks for the help.
Quote by Jawlytomtom
Red hot chili peppers. YOu know what would be sexy is covers of just those minimalistic guitar parts that make me wanna look at John and go "wtf you doin over there?" and then those goofy vocals sang with conviction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3g-DEcbvlQ

Good idea. That actually sounds like a lot of fun and I love RHCP and passionately sing there music in the shower so it seems to fit the bill quite nicely lol
Quote by thehotness4200
Good idea. That actually sounds like a lot of fun and I love RHCP and passionately sing there music in the shower so it seems to fit the bill quite nicely lol

I thought I'd be laughed at or ignored but it is a good idea
Quote by thehotness4200
Any good songs in particular? All I really know is "The Red" and the single of the album after that.

send the pain below, saferwaters, i get it...

pretty much any chevelle, tool are a huge influence on them
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Deftones (I think Passenger would be a good song)
Katatonia

edit: Weird I had no idea the lead singer of Tool sang on Passenger, after listening to your cover I still think Katatonia would be a good choice.
Last edited by guitarage at Nov 8, 2011,
As long as you don't cover Bob Dylan it's alright with me. As you'll most likely suck doing it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by crazywatermelon
Filter has some good stuff. Jesus, I'd kill for Maynard's voice.

So would I. It's not that I have Maynards voice, It's that for some reason my voice sounds WAAAYY batter when I sing Tool or APC than anything else. That's why the goal here is find other artists with voices like it. It's hard cause it's so unique.

And Im gonna go check out Filter now.