So in about a week and a half, I'll be doing an audition as lead singer for a band. Truth is, I've never done anything like this before, and don't have a clue what to do. I've never had lessons, and I've been hooked up for this audition by my music teacher because she thinks I can sing well.

Now, one of their members was supposed to email me about this, but I have not yet received anything. Should I try to contact him and ask for what songs to play or wait a little bit?

I'm also pretty nervous, and afraid that I might not be as great a singer as some people make me believe.

So does anyone have tips for this first-time singer how to handle this situation, and to not get my nerves get the best of me?

Thank you in advance
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
Chase him up! You need to know what youre singing, it wouldnt be fair to you to not know what it is youre supposed to be doing and would probably end up being a waste of their time too.

Regarding nerves, once you get started you'll be fine. I had my first ever guitar audition a couple of weeks back and thought i would be racked with nerves as ive never really played in front of anyone and it ended up being a blast. Just have confidence in your own abilities. If the band decide youre not what theyre looking for, take it on the chin and chalk that one up to experience, dont let it get you down. Just keep trying and you'll get what you what eventually
So just get out there and do it. All right, thanks man ^^
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker