Page 1 of 2
Learn to sight read properly like a REAL musician Tabs are for scrubs who are lazy. Do you read your favorite books in Spanish? Did you give your weeding speech in binary code? No You do those things in your native language, so why is your music any different.

Stop being lazy. Then maybe you kidiots wont be posting in youtube covers constantly "TABS MAN!???? WHERE ARE THE TABS?????"

Teach yourself properly kthxbye
Quote by Go0ber
Learn to sight read properly like a REAL musician Tabs are for scrubs who are lazy. Do you read your favorite books in Spanish? Did you give your weeding speech in binary code? No You do those things in your native language, so why is your music any different.

Stop being lazy. Then maybe you kidiots wont be posting in youtube covers constantly "TABS MAN!???? WHERE ARE THE TABS?????"

Real musicians do it by ear, pussy.

note: Most of us don't even play guitar anymore.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Lamest rant of the year.

Oh yeah, and since we're comparing "native languages," tabs would be the equivalent of a native language for a lot of guitarists/bassists, so your main point is invalid.
Last edited by edgeyyz at Nov 8, 2011,
Quote by Go0ber

I dunno, most youtube covers don't consist exclusively of rapidly scrolling sheet music. Perhaps they should. I can pencil (lol) a pretty mean semi(lol)quaver(lol).
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Go0ber

In the meantime, people use tabs.

If I'm learning a language, I might use a translator on occasion to help myself out.
Its the same thing.
Quote by tyler_j
In the meantime, people use tabs.

If I'm learning a language, I might use a translator on occasion to help myself out.
Its the same thing.

Thats a pretty good point
Because I can't be bothered to figure everything out by ear. I have this really amazing thing, and it's called "my life". Basically, it means that between the time I spent going to uni, going out with friends and doing some work I don't really have the time for that crap.
Quote by Go0ber

Thats a pretty good point

I think you should apologize.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by The_Casinator
Because I can't be bothered to figure everything out by ear. I have this really amazing thing, and it's called "my life". Basically, it means that between the time I spent going to uni, going out with friends and doing some work I don't really have the time for that crap.

DO what I did! Decide to be a music major
Quote by Go0ber

And this is why I look down on you.
X
From now on I will post "WHERES THE SHEET MUSIC MAN?" on every Youtube guitar video I watch.
Because learning a song by ear is incredibly boring and irritating. I can easily do it even with harder songs but it takes more time. Some people can't learn stuff by ear and have to be shown it, tab is an easier and more efficient way of learning to play guitar, unless your trying to copy a guitar player's style, and that's the last thing i want to do.
Quote by Go0ber

Don't have the motivation/talent, those two things lie somewhere else.
Quote by Go0ber
...vorite books in Spanish? Did you give your weeding speech...

Weeding speech, regularly given before the removal of undesired fauna.
I use my ears for what I can, and tabs for anything I have problems with.

Why is that so bad?

Quote by Daviec
Weeding speech, regularly given before the removal of undesired fauna.

Quote by Go0ber

Yeah, while I'm at it I'll study art and nutrition, too.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by Go0ber
Do you read your favorite books in Spanish?

Essentially, tabs are too easy to read so no respect, but reading in your native language must be MUCH harder for you if you denigrate reading in a second language right?
Hm...no.

Shut the fuck up kthxbye
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
People will do whatever the hell they want and it's not up to you to say if they're real musicians or not.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by Go0ber

So you decided. Good for you. Looks like you'll still have to wait a few years before you're old enough to act on it though

In the meantime, use your ears, and develop a knowledge of scales, modes and keys. Then you don't even need to write anything down.
Quote by BlackVoid
Ctrl + T up in this bitch.

**** yea tabs.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by PUNKSTER93
is it a sin to read tabs?

Yes, even though sheet music provides the same information about a particular piece of music, expect for telling you which strings to press.

I'm arguing that tabs are actually more convenient and useful for guitarists. Learning sheet music only helps communicate with other musicians.
Quote by metalblaster
That's very nice hun, now go play with your legos with joey and russ downstairs.

Who the hell names their kid Russ?
1. I don't even play guitar anymore.
2. I do sometimes read some books or watch movies in Spanish. I'm learning the language and it helps.
3. Why does it matter to you?
4. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Real musicians do it by ear, pussy.
/thread
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Who the hell names their kid Russ?

Russ Martin's parents. And Russ Martin is boss.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Jyrgen
Yes, even though sheet music provides the same information about a particular piece of music, expect for telling you which strings to press.

I'm arguing that tabs are actually more convenient and useful for guitarists. Learning sheet music only helps communicate with other musicians.

Honestly, most of the musicians I've ever played with have no idea how to read music. So I wind up having to tell them the notes I'm playing out loud, have them write them down, and then playing whatever it is I want them to do over and over until they get it right.
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 2