Hey would any of you be kind enough to point me in the direction of some power amp and pre amp tubes for my Randall RG50 TC combo (I run it through a Marshall 1960a cab so its basicaly used as a head.)
Has gradualy been losing gain and if you you turn the bass and the level both up past 12 o'clock the tone just seems to completely bottom out, had this problem for a while now, figured it must be the tubes soooooooo what shal I go for?

Dont have loads of cash, I play low tuned metal band so high gain is needed, must be avalable in the UK

cheeeearrrzzzz.
^adambauman, it is a tube amplifier, 3 12AX7's in pre and 2 EL34's in power amp.

If you need some tube suggestions.. JJ, EHX, Sovtek... However, I would probably get GrooveTubes myself. I'm not that familiar with tube amps and especially the tubes so maybe you need to wait to let someone more professional come give you some suggestions.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

What sort of sound do you want out of the amp? If you want to give it a more Marshally tone stick JJ ECC83S tubes everywhere. In the preamp of course.

Try that first. What you are describing sounds more like a dodgey preamp tube (probably V2). If you still aren't happy after changing the three 12AX7's stick a couple of JJ EL34's in it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification