Would appreciate some feedback on the mix!
The guitars are recorded with my Line 6 Spider Valve's DI. Didn't have access to anything cooler at the time of recording.
Drums are programmed with SD2 and Metal Foundry.
I have all bleeds on and did the drum mix outside of the built-in mixer for the first time. Sounds more genuine than before.

Hope you like it!

Linky:
http://soundcloud.com/ddj1991/twitch
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Mix?

The drums are actually better than I expected for programmed drums. But they could still be much better, especially the cymbals and hi-hats. They sound kind of dry. But the bass drum and the toms, and the snare, seem pretty spot-on. Crashes sound very much alike each other, especially during blast beats.

Guitar and bass are mixed well tone-wise. But I usually prefer hearing more bass.

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493893
More bass? You're insane, bro'. :,D

Thanks for the input. Will mess around with a different reverb.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Quote by BlisteringDDj
More bass? You're insane, bro'. :,D

Thanks for the input. Will mess around with a different reverb.

I don't necessarily mean more of bass guitar. I mean make the whole composition sound a bit more bass-like.

I'm just used to over-produced music with a lot of effects and every single frequency full with sound
Really enjoying the sound you've got going on here. Very Meshuggah-ish. It was very well mixed, I thought. I'm glad that this isn't 'over-produced' like Zeletros wanted, it's tough to do that with music like this and not have it sound like a computer is playing the whole thing.

The weird-effect guitar before the 1:00 mark was a bit too 'out-there' for my tastes, but I think it suited what you were going for. The part around 1:50, however, was ****ing awesome. Really cool idea there.

I thought the drums sounded fine. The only way you're going to notice that they aren't real drums is if you're listening for it, and most people other than people critiquing it won't be

Great job!

Feel free to check out my new song here

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494243
Thanks, dude. Much appreciated. I like having some weird elements in all of my tracks. It feels natural to me.

I see where you're coming from Zeletros. Today's progressive metal is all very over-produced. Not necessarily bad, I enjoy most of it myself. I will try to make things a little more "present" in some areas.

Will check out your tracks tomorrow, asap!
C4C
(or in my profile!)

This is among the best I've heard on U-G so far.. very creative. Lots of off the wall sounds which I like

You're playing is real tight, and everything is executed well. The sound of the drums really surprised me! I might have to save up for that program you have. Anyway. The song is well structured, I could see this as and opening track to an album, I think it would really set the mood for the rest of the songs. Great stuff man, keep it up \m/

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494066
Wow, thanks a lot! That's a great suggestion. I'm planning on producing another EP for release. Will definitely consider this as an opener! First I'm going to work on finding a great mix to use as a starting point before recording.

Will check out yours tomorrow as well. Gotta go to sleep. Cheers!
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Nov 8, 2011,
Well good luck to you on your musical endeavors, glad my suggestion helped. Cheers!
Woah, great intro!
That bass is rabid yo!
The tone on the guitar fits greatly... and that's not a simple thing to do...
Nice drums too.
The cut at 1:55!?!?! MAN that is awesome....
Great song, indeed.

------------------------------
If you think that I made a good review of your work, would you be so kind of checking out my work?
This is my website: www.manhattanrock.com.ar
And this is my work, that if you can, please leave a message at the youtube video, so that it starts to move around... If you like it, please, rep it up and subscribe! I will do that back!
http://youtu.be/QsZvk8PrHOI

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Finally got around to replying to all of you.

I'm kind of lazy when it comes to adding lots of varied fills to my drums. I'm not a huuuge fan of too many fills. I prefer the drums just keeping the groove going. BUT I do agree, it needs some variation. Will put more effort into that.

Thanks to you both, Reeverside and Ararat!
C4C
(or in my profile!)