I'm thinking about adding Metal riffs to a track of Eminem's "The Way I Am", and having a buddy yell his throat out over it of course, but I'm stuck because I don't know what to play. Normally when I do a 'cover', I have the tabs here. This is not the same, however, because it's not a Guitar song, it's Piano. I did technically find tabs to it, but it's just the Piano transcribed onto Guitar. I want to use that as Lead, but I also want to put my own Rhythm chords in it. This is where I hit a roadblock, because I don't know what chords to use/where on the neck to play. Suggestions?
I... don't know o.o

Apparently so. I just youtube'd it. :/ But I'm less than impressed... (Not a Manson fan). The tab here has it in Drop A on a 7-string too! I'm on a 6-string and not going lower than D-Standard or Drop C >_<;
I never liked the song either...bummer. Guess you'll have to come up with something yourself
Work out the basic chords and go from there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ultimately, it's not about doing some academic analysis to figure out what to play. It's about letting your mind be quiet so you can imagine ... and seeing what you hear in the silence.

Then you go to your guitar and try to create the sound you heard in your head.

I think a lot of young musicians get into trouble because they skip that first step - the thinking, the creative part, and then rush straight to their instrument. Obviously, master improvisers have the ability to quickly think up ideas and apply them to their instrument - so quickly that the acts are basically simultaneous.

But for most of us, it's a two-step process. Think first, then play.