Page 1 of 2
Not, "in what manner do you?", I actually mean, "what makes you able to ?"

Like many psychopaths and squishy-hearted liberals, I cannot get up in the morning. If there's something I have to do on someone else's terms, like go to class or meet someone for breakfast, I'm totally fine. If it's something I decide myself I want to do (say I want to get an early start, go for a run, catch up on some work) I cannot get up, even with an alarm clock - I just turn it off and go back to bed.

The problem is that I'm never quite awake enough to make the decision for myself. I'm so tired in the mornings that I'm not conscious enough to fight the urge to sleep in for a few more hours. The result is that I'm nowhere near as productive as I'd like to be, I run out of time to do things during the day, and eventually I'll die having spent half my life in bed.

So ... how do you get up in the morning?
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
inb4 penis jokes
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
the chance to make fun of people who make bad threads gets me up.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I don't, really.
I've started ordering really cheap things off ebay, so it gives me something to go and check in the mornings, but I don't remember the last time I felt refreshed after waking up. I think I'm doing something wrong.
I turn the alarm on my clock on. I then put my clock on the opposite end of the room.
I have to get up to turn it off.
A rush of blood to the head does it for me, usually.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Quote by guns for hire
A rush of blood to the head does it for me, usually.

Funny, that album usually does the opposite for me.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
In an upward manner.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
I turn the alarm on my clock on. I then put my clock on the opposite end of the room.
Seriously, this, only my alarm is in another room.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
I've never been able to use the snooze button, because every alarm clock I've had, my half-sleeping brain just heads straight for the 'off' button. But I'm generally quite good at getting up when I want to, whether I have something I need to do or not.

I tend to set two alarms, about 15 minutes apart, the second one when I actually need to get up, so I can turn the first one off and doze for a little longer, then get up after the second.
Quote by Extra Ordinary

This + my room is always cold in the mornings
The better question is, why do I get up in the morning?
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I have the same problem as you, and if you're like me it's probably due to a tremendous sleep debt.
A more regular sleeping pattern should allow you to get up earlier and feel more refreshed.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
The thought of meeting a special person used to be enough motivation. These days, I just get by.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
a few shots.
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"
This is very interesting - basically, a combination of all the above.

I actually do leave my phone on the other side of the room with three alarms on, and it's never enough. I also used to get hugs when I woke up, but alas no more.

I was kinda hoping for more hare-brained schemes involving ropes and pulleys and buckets of water. Dammit pit, you've changed.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
I used to have that problem, when I got 4-6 hours of sleep a night, but now I'm getting 9-10 hours a night and I'm good. Exercise makes me tired, exercise is good.
I am very determined, when I tell myself I will get up at that time I will get up no matter what.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I was actually just about to make this thread. This is a very real problem for me. I'm searching for a job atm, but I'm having serious trouble getting up. No matter how much I tell myself the night before - and no matter how early I try to go to sleep - it's just happening. I've tried placing the alarm clock across the room, but I'll just get up, turn it off and go back to bed.

Weird but sucks.

This also means that after waking up at 3-4pm, I can't fall asleep the next night. I'll go to bed at 11 and lie staring into nothingness until 4-5am.
Last edited by Ahteh at Nov 8, 2011,
Cocaine.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I'm tired until I jog, so my tiredness makes me get out of bed.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Since I've started my new colllege, I just can't seem to wake up at the right time. A few days ago I set my alarm at about 8 and to repeat 10 times. But I slept right through it and missed my lessons.

So currently to get up the right time, I now just try and stay up the entire night with a couple of 20 minute naps.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
That is the stupidest thing you can do. Your body never gets proper rest and before you know it your body will crash. Ask somebody to wake you up or bother you every 5 minutes till you get up. Like a human snooze button.
Quote by CaptainRon
I turn onto my stomach.

Funny, I become more sleepy when I do this.
ggg1 ggg3

I use my phone as an alarm. I turn its volume all the way up. I then set all three phone alarms. The first 2 are 5 minutes apart. The next one is 15 minutes after that. That way, there's 3 times I have to dismiss the phone alarm. By alarm 3, I usually head to the shower to really wake up.

Of course, this only works if I go to bed before 3AM. So, I have to go to bed at a decent hour.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 8, 2011,
Alarm goes off at 7:00am. I get out of bed at 7:11am to have a shower. I exit the bathroom at 7:25am.

Thought I'd share my enthralling start to the day with you all.
I'm a morning person. I usually get up before my alarm at around 6:40 am. I just get up, go shower, drink coffee and read my WSJ. I get fully awake like that.
^

Being a morning person for the win. I love making fresh French press coffee and reading my printed WSJ every morning. What a great time to be alive and learn about corporate greed, poor political decisions, and world events!

--

I wake up by opening my eyes with a brief internal monologue:

"I'm still here? Aite."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Nov 8, 2011,
If I continue to lay there I'll piss the bed. So up I go.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I genuinely prefer to wake up early in the morning (weekends included), I hate letting the day waste away in bed.

One or two exceptions to that rule of course.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I'm the opposite, I can only get up on time if it's something I really want to do. I'm not a morning person at all.
I put my alarm clock on the other side of the room and put a chair and stuff in front of it like a mini obstacle course but I can get through it in my sleep now.
I used to ask my mom to wake me up before she left for work but the thing is, Im really grumpy in the morning and I have a temporary burning hatred for whatever made me stop sleeping so I kick whoever woke me up until they go away. So now she comes in, turns the lights on and runs out. It's actually kinda funny : this morning I kicked my dad in the face and he got so mad at me
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Nov 8, 2011,
You know the rage against the machine song wake up, well towards the end of the sound zack shouts "wake up" repeatedly. I have that part play at full volume on my speaker system at 6 am every week day... does the trick for me.
Page 1 of 2