What would be the most efficient way of learning all the major/minor/7th chords note wise?

I can pick a chord like Dm, and after a couple seconds figure out that it's D, F, A. But I want to have all the chords in my head with their notes without thinking about it. Is there a better way to learning it other than looking at a list of all the chords and their notes and having to memorize them?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Well, chords are basically formed by intervals of 3rds over a root note, which gives you the the root, it's 3rd and it's 5th... a major 3rd followed by a minor one makes a major chord, such as C, E, G (C major)... a minor 3rd followed by a major one makes a minor chord such as A, C, E (A minor), or the D minor, like you said... a pair of major 3rds will make an augmented chord, whereas a pair of minor 3rds will make a dimished chord... that's regarding the triads

for the tetrads, all you are gonna do is add yet another 3rd, which will make the chord be comprised of root, 3rd, 5th and 7th... now here things get a bit more complex... I'm at work right now, so I won't be able to list all the kinds of 7th chords, but I can post it for you later... or you can try and figure it out :P
To answer your question, yes there's a great way. I teach our students, to name any chord, instantly - all the letters of any chord. Unfortunately, I'm not accepting new students right now. I'm packed to the gills, and do not have any room for more.

I get on here every few days because its just gotten to be very busy around here, but I'll continue to try and check in when I can.

Best,

Sean
Well, almost like mrkeka says. I memorize them like this.
- Major = 1 - 3 - 5
- Minor = 1 - b3- 5
- sus4 = 1 - 4 - 5
- 7 = 1 - 3 - 5 - b7
- etc.

If you memorized that, you just need to know your scales. It's quite logical too the names and such. Eg.: sus means suspended, if you start a song with that chord, the listener does not yet know if the chord is a major or minor, so that gets 'suspended' (not exactly right probably, someone else could give a more accurate explanation, but you get the point I think). Augmented means more and diminish means less and so forth..
lalala
efficient way of learning all the major/minor/7th chords note wise?

this will require you to practice:

Key of C: Major scale

C D E F G A B
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

To Find chords that are derived from the major scale pick every OTHER note:

Example To form

C Major C (1) E (3) G (5)
D minor D (2) F (4) A (6)
E minor E (3) G (5) B (7)
etc

Do this with all 12 keys if you can....take your time and let it sink in...stick with triads for now 7th chords will be much easier once you have this foundation under your fingers

play well

wolf
Sorry, should've included it in my main post.

I already know how to build chords, and I know the intervals to them. I know what sus chords are.

I just want to know if instead of going "Ok so A major, obviously the A is the root and then there's the open high e string so there's also a E note(which is the 5th I know that), and then 2nd fret B string.. uhh 1st fret is C so the third note will be C#/Db. Ahh ok A major has notes A, C#, E"

Instead I want to go "A major, A, C#, E" instantly without having to think of it.

I guess it's just gonna take me some time in learning all intervels between all notes and all the notes on the fretboard better so I wouldn't have to think about it.
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Quote by cccp2006
Sorry, should've included it in my main post.

I already know how to build chords, and I know the intervals to them. I know what sus chords are.

I just want to know if instead of going "Ok so A major, obviously the A is the root and then there's the open high e string so there's also a E note(which is the 5th I know that), and then 2nd fret B string.. uhh 1st fret is C so the third note will be C#/Db. Ahh ok A major has notes A, C#, E"

Instead I want to go "A major, A, C#, E" instantly without having to think of it.

I guess it's just gonna take me some time in learning all intervels between all notes and all the notes on the fretboard better so I wouldn't have to think about it.

What I mentioned works in both ways As long as you know your scales. Don't learn chords by looking at which strings you're playing, could be confusing some time and the guitar does not have to play each and every note from a chord.
lalala