Hello fellow UGer's! I've posted a few thing on and off over the years finally got in a band and started the recording process. So! I would like to hear some critiquing on several things, over all sound of the recording, of course the riffage, and what ever else you feel like. We're very proud of this song, its one of those songs that just kinda fell together if you know what I mean.

Anyways, soundcloud is currently down but here's our reverbnation link, should auto play once you click the link.

the link: http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_10873103
I dig it. I honestly don't really have anything bad to say about it, except that some of the vocal placement sounded a bit off. Other than that, hell yeah.
I feel like the vocals are much too loud and the guitars need to be a lot louder, this would give it a lot more power and kicks. The vocals start off a little odd, I would of built the start of the verse of it. The break beats on the drums were a little off. I don't know how I feel about the triplet sections, sounds a little... "Pirate"y to me, but if that's what you like then great, not my thing though Very nice solo, the transition to it was great. I am against fading out for a song, I think it is a weak move, but that's just me, but I do feel that this was an especially long fade out so it kind of took me a minute to figure it out, I would of made the fade out start a little later.
63dylan63- Thanks! I'll probably be posting more material in the near future, perhaps you'll get a feel how my front man likes to tackle his vocals.

touke - Happy you enjoyed it, John (my singer) does good work going from just a basement practice to recording Is a blast we hear stuff that we usually don't at practice, very talented individual.

Rockfan7 - First! thanks for the crit, real honest, love it. As far as the "Piratey" section goes, never thought of it like that but now that you mention it...Arrr? o.O hahaha that part is real fun to play SO! there's that. Agreed about the fade out, wasn't ment to be that way, there's a clean section missing at the end which will be in there for the finished product.

Thanks again to all who have or may toss a crit on this. Did Rockfan7 and 63dylan63 want me to crit anything specific? o.O just curious.
Nice name.

I don't dig the style maybe, but the guitars sound so aggro that i love them.
The drums are sure a bitch to play... they are super franticly frenetic...
Loved the vocals, the best of the song in my opinion...
Great job!

------------------------------
If you think that I made a good review of your work, would you be so kind of checking out my work?
This is my website: www.manhattanrock.com.ar
And this is my work, that if you can, please leave a message at the youtube video, so that it starts to move around... If you like it, please, rep it up and subscribe! I will do that back!
http://youtu.be/QsZvk8PrHOI

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Not my cup of tea however its very well done. The vocalist knows what hes doing, unlike alot of startup metal bands out there... Good guitar work, sweet metal riffs. The mixing of the vocals could be better, anyways, im nit picking there. Keep rocking, good song.
Quote by aaron aardvark
BBB,
The vocals are a bit intense for my taste (though well done for that style). Instrumentally, it's rocking hard! Good guitar riffs! Audio quality is good. Lyrics are naughty. I'm sure plenty of metal heads will like this. Playing is tight. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490985

Not sure you understood what the lyrics are about, we're talkin bout those kids who get ****ED OVER in their life from a family member or just SOMEONE in general. Nothin naughty, just wanted to clarify
I like it man, I'm a big pinch harmonic fan and you seem to fit them in strategically to make the song sound even better, I'm also a huge solo fan but who isn't? and I would say the solo had a nice emotional feel to it. I can't really think of anything bad to say. For me it's either you like it or you don't, and I liked it!
good production ! not a big fan of the vocals, but thats just my opinion. The music was tight though, nice job
Very tight production! i liked it. As im not a big fan of vocals like this in the first place, you guys seemed to pull it of pretty well. Heavy riffing, but still some melody! Wish you the best!
C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488995