Pretty cool. Seems kind of gimmicky but I could see it leading to bigger and better things.
For those of us that can't watch the video, could someone shed some light on what this video is???
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Not really sure why that would be useful but I guess its cool anyways. At least they are willing to try something new, who knows, it could become the next big thing. I don't see it though.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
do any of you actually realise what the hell this is? you can load toneprints onto your toneprint compatible tc pedals without having to connect them to your computer. that's all it is.
Seeing as I don't have an iPhone.. Or any TC pedals..

Certainly won't be marketed towards "average" users. It'll be for the guys who are huge on TC pedals AND just happen to own an iPhone. I don't know many people with an iPhone, nor do I know anyone with TC pedals..
I'm really curious on the specifics of how it works (and doesn't work. Active pickups/other pedals before it in the chain/etc etc cause issues?)
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Would be cool if they just had a "Tone Print" pedal that could simulate any kind of pedal by using the app to beam the sound into it. For example - You could use it as a distortion for one song, delay for the next, flanger, etc. or combinations of more than one. Basically a multi-fx pedal, that's much smaller and only retains the information of the last tone beamed into it.

That, and if there was an Android app.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Would be cool if they just had a "Tone Print" pedal that could simulate any kind of pedal by using the app to beam the sound into it. For example - You could use it as a distortion for one song, delay for the next, flanger, etc. or combinations of more than one. Basically a multi-fx pedal, that's much smaller and only retains the information of the last tone beamed into it.

That, and if there was an Android app.

Whoa, when did you become a mod?? Sweet!
Reported. Adbot.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
He was talking about the OP, he is an adbot. Also reported, this adbot needs to be baby again methinks
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
You ever see that insurance commercial where some guy says'
"do people use smart phones to do really dumb things"

I'll chuck this idea with scrambled eggs you heat in toasters and computers built into icebox doors. It's a dumb idea. There's knobs on that box. Try turning them.
I'm an expert on all of them. Even the ones I made up.

Dirt and fertilizer. TS9DX. Fulltone 70's, Vox Brit boost, Mesa V-twin and a DLS. Everything grows better with lots of dirt.
So it turns your iphone into an electromagnetic modem to beam the preset through your pickups into the pedal.
That's actually pretty cool.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by rat jazz

I'll chuck this idea with scrambled eggs you heat in toasters and computers built into icebox doors. It's a dumb idea. There's knobs on that box. Try turning them.

Why would I want to do that if Petrucci and Gilbert have already done so?
Quote by rat jazz

The whole idea behind the Toneprint pedals is that you can get all sorts of different sounds, made for specific things. Not because people are too lazy to turn knobs now.

This is fantastic. Well, the idea is fantastic, if they offered an option to make your own presets on the phone and then to send them to your pedal it would be amazing. Mid-gig you whip out your phone and change your pedal sound completely in seconds, no tweaking, no mess ups because you turn a knob too far, just Bam and your pedal is ready.

I'm excited.

The next step for me, would be along the lines of what MC said. A Tone print MFX pedal. You line up a bunch of presets on your phone, and can then change them with the same process as these.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Gimmicky? Useless? You have to be kidding me. Being able to switch toneprints live without a computer seems like an incredibly good idea
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet