since im sure ill ahve a ton of Q's over the next few months i think ill TRY to have this as my asking topic. im trying to learn some chord transitions. liek swtiching form E to C and E to G and so on...

what is the best way to play the E? ring finger on the A string or the D string? i tend to use my ring for the D and my middle for the A but it seems like when switching to a C chord it would be easier to have the ring on the A and the middle on the E. which should i be striving for? what feels more comfortable? or what makes for an easier transition. self teaching so i dont wanna learn bad habits form the get go..

thanks
Middle on the A, Ring on the D, index on the G for the E chord. Ring finger on the A, middle finger on the D, index on the B for the C chord. If you play the E with your ring finger on the A, you'll have to slide over a fret to play the C chord which would add extra movement and you wouldn't be able to switch chords as fast. To get faster at switching chords you might just have to play a measure of each chord alternating with a metronome, getting faster gradually.
you're a stone fox
so i noticed when i turned my amp on....i bumped it with my foot by accident when i wasnt playing naything and it had this weird "wavy" sound. shouldnt it be quiet if im not strumming? i know it makes noise when i plug in the chords into the input hole but this is just moving it around.

edit..so i asked the guy at work who sold it to me and he said the cone was just moving form me bumpin the amp case..so no biggie
Last edited by darren19822000 at Nov 10, 2011,