Well, my first build is almost done and im thinking of another.
after 1 you gotta do another. . . . and another. . . . . . and another you get the point. well before i start i want to experiment with a quick Les Paul except, i want it thin like Ibanez S guitars. has anybody done this and how big should it be??

Yeah, its called a SG Gibson did it like 60+years ago.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
funny how nobody said how thin. . . . . . .

i was thinking 13/16 but i think that might be too thin eh?
13/16th is possibly tooooo thin depends of course on what iron your gonna put in and on it. Some pick-ups need depth, some dont. all depends.....yip all depends on????
Resonation and sustain will probably be pretty bad at that thickness, will it not?
Work out how thick it has to be to accommodate pickups, bridge, neck joint, etc., and then add on, say, 1/2 or 3/4 inch as a margin of safety. You can thin it down at the edges.

Oh, and post some pictures of your first build?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by mulefish
TS; the way you post reminds me of adbots.

lol, i thought the same,
but a les paul is about the thick slap of mahony achieve THE les paul sound characteristics, so when you want a les paul thin as a ibanez S, its not a les paul anymore
Quote by Joeval
Work out how thick it has to be to accommodate pickups, bridge, neck joint, etc., and then add on, say, 1/2 or 3/4 inch as a margin of safety. You can thin it down at the edges.

Oh, and post some pictures of your first build?

yep there comin in a new thread. ill post like say. . . RIGHT NOW!

this is just a practice build and its my 2nd
make it string through, add a metal reso chamber around where the strings would go into the body. it's something I've wanted to experiment with for a while but never had the time and resources to try it
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Would it be.. the thinner the body; the stiffer/harder/denser the body needs to be to get any kind of sustain??
Quote by deltaten
Would it be.. the thinner the body; the stiffer/harder/denser the body needs to be to get any kind of sustain??

I wonder what a slip-formed, hollow body made from Porcelain would sound like?
Mebbe a concrete slab body? Kinda tough ta route out tho
I made this guitar a while ago. Its exactly 1 3/16" thick in the center and has a carve/rouding down to the edges.

AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
one cool thing you might try is i thin sheet of metal surrounded by wood. you dont have to start by making into a body, but the metal could act as the structural support and then you could get quite thin.
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right