Hey UG, just wanting your views on a project I'm thinking of doing. I've recorded some acoustic songs, but I just don't like my voice, so I'm planning on recording an EP of instrumentals. I have the stuff written, and its going to be really chilled out acoustic stuff with swirly electric rhythms and clean, delayed leads. Imagine a combination of early Cure and the Smiths with no vocals and more lead guitar melody. Do y'all think this could work? Cheers!
Dude, where's my band?
It sounds like it certainly could work, I'd be interested in hearing it.

My only thought is that it may be difficult to keep a listeners interest if there are no vocals, as there's a risk that the songs may sound like they've merged into one long composition unless you do something to break them up a bit.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Cheers, yeah I think it could work too. The songs sound different, as I'm layering the first one up and its quite slow, the second will be a bit bouncier but sparser etc. I'm also planning a percussive break in the third. I thought about going for an album, but no way would anybody care for more than about twenty minutes.
Dude, where's my band?
I also wondered about this part of your post:
I just don't like my voice

Does that mean you're actually a bad singer, or just that you don't like hearing yourself?

I don't like my voice either, but I've sung on the majority of the songs loaded to my profile and some like it, some don't. I certainly don't, but I don't let it stop me because until I find a singer it's the only voice I've got!!

All I'm saying is if you write a song which needs lyrics, don't be afraid to record it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud