Hey, so I've had my peavey valveking combo for about half a year now, and I'm looking to get rid of some of the muddiness.

I've heard all the little things (1/4" adapter in the 1st input, coupler in the effects loop, etc.), but I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on decent fairly cheap speakers to replace the stock one.

Thanks!
Have you tried youtube? Or try googling valve king mods? I remember looking for info on my classic 50 and seeing a lot of stuff about the valveking. I'm actually tempted to pick one up and mess around with it myself.
There is a Valveking thread here filled with all the info you could ever need on anything to do with the VK. Search bar is your friend.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Yeah, I've been to that thread before.

Not necessarily looking for valveking mods though, just wondering if you guys had any speaker suggestions.
Have you been there? If so how did you miss all the talk about the best speakers for the Valveking?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Most people modding VK put a Celestion vintage 30 or such. and they retube them. They say it makes the thing godlike.
bluestratplayer, i went back to the vk thread after i posted my last response and saw the speaker section. i then realized you are probably much wiser than me and i checked it out.

anyway, i've heard some bad things about v30's lately. i was thinking maybe an eminence man o' war?
^Probably not wiser, just owned a few VKs and been around that thread a bunch. The Man O War is better than the V30 in that amp IMO.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Probably wiser, judging by the fact that you advertise George Bush devouring small felines.

Anyway, thanks. Doubtful I would've gone back to that thread if you hadn't mentioned it.
I put an Eminence Texas Heat in mine, and it sounds fantastic. I've had people compare my cleans to amps made by a company whose name starts with F and ends with -ender. It sounds fantastic on my distortion channel, too. The WGS 30 is also widely recommended as a low-cost alternative to the Celestion V30.