A guy offered me the Open Road in trade for my DD-7 (I never use it since my M9 has all the delay I need). I need a boost in order to push my Laney AOR at a moderate/low gain setting into high gain. Will this work?

This is what I want to achieve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeRXSkGIQoQ

not the exact sound obviously, but that level of gain.
Is everyone wanting to trade for a dd7? Haha second thread in like thirty min. And any TS clone should do. Not sure if the open road is one Ill have to look.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
It's not a TS clone, so maybe? It won't sound much like the conventional tightening-boost-OD effect.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
It's not a TS clone, so maybe? It won't sound much like the conventional tightening-boost-OD effect.

Well I was also offered an ibanez ts9dx, but I think something like the Open Road that can add some gain or be more transparent would be more what I want.
It's not a TS clone, it's supposed to sound like an amp overdrive and you could probably get a decent boost out of it.

EDIT: It would be more transparent too.
I would think the TS9 would be a better boost for you. I wish I could offer personal exp with the open road but I do know the Ts9 is a great boost and can add some gain of its own.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Generally, people don't use a Tubescreamer to increase the distortion of an amp, they use it to cut the bass and smooth out the treble. So you don't really want a transparent overdrive.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Well, the guitar players in the link I posted use Fulltone OCDs so I think something similar to those might be good. I dunno.
That and to drive the amp harder as well alot of times which increases the distortion......

An overdrive pedal like a TS used as a boost should be exactly what he wants.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Do you just want to add more dirt or do you want to tighten up your sound too? Tubescreamer will work great for the latter, but if you merely want more dirt added then the Open Road should work alright on a low setting.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
VS Route 808? I have one and it has more volume and gain than a standard tube screamer, plus a bass boost.
Quote by Polar13
VS Route 808? I have one and it has more volume and gain than a standard tube screamer, plus a bass boost.

+1 Just get a tubescreamer variant.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5