Hey guys!

So I was thinking of maybe starting a weekly review of folk albums and musicians. I notice a lot of stuff for metal (which is to be expected on UG) but I am far more interested in folk rock and the like. Each week I could review one album, or maybe suggest some listening material for the week? What you guys think. Would ANYONE be interested?

Throw your ideas at me!
don't know much about any new folk, but...

Bob Dylan (all pre-1970 stuff is best IMO)
Woody Guthrie
Joan Baez
Pete Seeger
The Byrds

and Fairport Convention and The Dublinersfor some awesome British folk

I love folk rock, I'd read the review.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I would read this...

You should maybe do a profile of a UGer that is a folk artist....

Or maybe a UG folk song of the month contest.....
I haz gotten gud
If you need someone to interview, I do happen to be a regularly gigging folk musician.

EDIT: More folk rock but whatever.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Nov 8, 2011,
Anything that isn't about metal is crap.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Yeah, this is folkyish, I just posted it in another thread because we got on TV with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySrlE3t_AS4
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
I'm very into folk. You should talk about some lesser known but fantastic folk artists such as...

Jimmy Lafave, Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion, Lowen & Navarro, Ellis Paul, Joel Raphael, Dirk Hamilton, Dave Navarro, Jude Johnstone, Freebo, David Wilcox, Tom Prasada-Rao, Dale Laduke, City and Colour, Micah Schnabel, Mike Hale, Austin Lucas, Chuck Ragan, Joey Cape

I could go on forever. I really like folk.