Hey there! I was thinking of getting a usb mic to record my vypyr 15. Do you think thats a good idea? Has anyone tested a USB mic yet? I bet it sounds better than normal mics.
All the audio interface, mixer, preamp stuff are a pain in the a**. So Do i need any of those things to record with a usb mic? Thanks in advance!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
I mean, I'm sure a 100 dollar usb mic sounds better then a 20 dollar normal one, but I'm not sure what the big difference is with something of the equivalent make. If it's all you have the money for then it'll certainly get the job done but don't expect it to be a sonic masterpiece.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
There's an AKG USB mic that's really nice, not too expensive either.

Behringer one is a bit meh but better if you're on a budget.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by amithkallupalam
I bet it sounds better than normal mics.

How do you figure?

All the USB mics I've used are fairly poor. They are decent if you're just getting into recording and want to do it on the cheap, but the A/D conversion isn't very good. The non-USB version of the mics would sound better through a proper interface, because of the higher quality mic preamps and converters.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Im a kid. Dont have much money.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Blue Snowball? It's fairly competitively priced, and gives a decent enough quality.
Quote by amithkallupalam
Im a kid. Dont have much money.

Then ask your Mum to buy it for you.

Aren't you also the one who has at least two other threads asking about recording kit? Now you're going to get all the same responses three times.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud