Have any of you guys ever played on the radio? Be it College or otherwise? My band recently did an hour live on one of our local university's radio stations (CKCU if you guys want to know). It had open phone lines and it was a damn good time.

I'm interested to see how many of you dudes with bands have gotten exposure from the radio, be a recorded track or a live performance and how was the experience. Was the sound good? Were the hosts amicable? etc.

I think it's a great way for fans to hear you that would not potentially come out to a recent show, and it has potential to reach people whom have never heard your band. It also has a sort of novelty that the show is on an actual fm band radio station, generates some good hype and makes your band seem legitimate.

That being said, the sound is often bad (while no gripes, it wasn't exactly ideal for us as we were playing) and many good sounding bands often sound like ass under the careful scrutiny of radio. The vocals always seem to be the loudest and therefore the singer should be confident and given'r.

Monic - Pale Eyed Girl Live at CKCU
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Nah. Playing in front of any audience (whether it be in front of a crowd of people or a single family member) scares the shit out of me
ggg1 ggg3

Does internet radio count? I used to have a co-worker who had a station that played hard rock music and where they'd talk about video-games and stuff and interview semi-famous people. He had me record the national anthem and he played it at the beginning of his show every week, which was kinda cool.
Yep, sure have. Commercial and community. Epic
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
we have twice, and it was quite great =)
first one was a hour-long performance, cut with interview bits. However, the sound was not phenomenal... listening to it afterwards, we could only hear our singer's voice and the drums well, the rest were drowned.

The second time we went on the radio was a short acoustic set and an interview, wasn't as cool, but still was nice =)
About a year ago I did an interview and played a couple of songs. It was pretty fun actually.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I forgot to say that you dudes should post links if available, I'd be interested in hearing.

and not to sound like a *****, but if you really like the link, then like us on facebook
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
A station at my university played some tracks by my band during their "alternative" hours. You can hear some of what they played on my profile playlist.
I'm actually involved with the radio station we have on campus and we're preparing right now to put on a live music show next week that will be going on air over the radio as well as the campus TV. It's not only a really awesome thing that we do for the local musicians, but its a really fun experience getting to run front of house sound for it, so support your college radio because I'm more than willing to bet that if you give them a demo, they will put you on air, at least that's what we do.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
A band I used to be in, had our stuff played on the "local stuff" show, pretty regularly.

My wife and I were in contest that a local station put on. We made it to the finals, which were broadcast live.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Yes and no. I did a radio show in the town I went to high school in on our college public radio for an hour each Wednesday, and on that day I'd play my high school band's songs. It was pro-recorded and everything, so it fit right on.

Technically yeah, but I dunno if it counts because I was putting ourselves on.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Yes, it was a commercial station out of Edmonton (Alberta, Canada). I didn't hear it actually, but one of my friends did, so that's how I found out.
Played a cover of Sweet Child of Mine on BBC Radio Solent with my previous band to promote a small holiday park festival last year. The hosts were amazingly kind. As weird as it sounds, it's amazing to watch and hear people talk on the radio with no stutters or mistakes in their speech whatsoever.
Been on a couple of college/uni radios. And bizarrely a couple of our tracks found their way onto the radio stations at Homebase, KFC and Sports Direct
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
A band I was in about 7 years ago did a live gig on a local radio show. KTRU here in Houston. I honestly don't remember a whole lot about it because it was very last minute, we were really cramped in this little room. I don't think they even interviewed us. I think what happened was we were filling in for a band that cancelled last minute so they had nothing for us. So yeah I didn't really get much out of it.
yup.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
Yeah, I've had some recordings played. And my band's gonna be interviewing/acousticking tomorrow, as a matter of fact. At 4PM Central on WMTS if any of y'all strangers wanna tune in.

I'll be listening dude
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
My band has been on 2 local radio stations in Essex - Phoenix Fm and Gateway Fm.

But I really don't like doing interviews, just prefer playing music live and all that.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
No, I could though. My buddy does the dj'n at a local college radio once a week.
It'd be kinda weak having me play with backing tracks or a drum machine though.