I am in the market to buy an attenuator for my amp. I have a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 running through a Marshall 4x12 cab. Needless to say it is very loud. I was looking along the lines of Weber Mass or THD, leaning towards the THD though. However, I am unsure which type to get. Meaning there are a variety of attenuators at different ohms. I am little unsure which one would best suit my amps needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't be afraid to spell it out in Lehmans terms so that I can truly understand what I am after. Thanks for all the help.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Nov 9, 2011,
Why are you buying an attenuator?

It's not going to turn a 100w stage amp into a bedroom amp, if that's what you're wanting.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
You have two threads on this subject.

I am reporting this one to have it closed.
1 thread per topic, please.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I've used a number of attenuators, & own a THD Hot Plate (which doesn't get used much), but the best I ever tried was last January at NAMM, I got to demo an Ultimate Attenuator. Best one for not really altering your tone. VERY little loss of dynamics compared to any other, practically imperceptible. Here's the link:
http://ultimateattenuator.com/
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011