so in a series of horrible events i'm being forced to move due to my house being flooded. i am moving across the US and i need to know a few things.

if i remove all the tubes from my amps and label their wrapping when i get to my final destination can i throw the tubes back in the same positions without having to bias my amps?
im moving from san diego to PA and there is a severe change in temp and humidity will this have any abnormal effect on my amps since they have been in San diego their whole operating life?

also if anyone has any tips on transporting amps and guitars please let me know. i will be driving not flying. i cant afford to fly.
thanks as always
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Your equipment will be fine. I've lived in PA all my life. It's not that humid most of the time. Just don't leave your stuff outside and it will be fine. We just had some pretty bad flooding too, make sure you move on top of a hill!!
i lived in catawissa for most of my life but left for the navy. i know about the flooding it was terrible. everything was such a wreck! i had solid state amps when i lived there but this is the first time ill have tube amps in "seasons" considering san diego doesnt have seasons.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

You don't really need to remove the tubes as long as you pack it well. Just check that they are still seated properly in their sockets when you unpack it. I pull out the tubes if I'm shipping an amp overseas but to just move it around by road it's a bit of overkill.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
my fear is one or a few would break in the amp. i will not have the cash to buy new ones when i get to where im goin.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

Tubes are not that fragile. Unless something heavy and metallic actually crashes through the back of the amp and strikes one really hard it isn't going to break. Like I said, pack it well and you'll be fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Nov 9, 2011,
cool thanks guys.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

back to the bloomsburg/catawissa area. where u at?
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

To be honest. You have a greater risk of breaking them outside the amp. I would leave them in for a road trip.

Sorry to hear about the flooding. I lost my home in NY to Ireme/lee. Make sure you are not going to be in a new flood zone where you are moving. Shits all different now. Places that never flooded were destroyed. Good luck.
74 twin Reverb... In a motorhome, under the table from Sacramento California to Dalton Georgia... In 2006... so for 22 years this thing was in and out of pickups, trunks, rolling over gravel parking lots and who knows what else... It was my granddads Amp and he used it professionally from 74 till 2000... Never did a tube fall out, or was broken... finally got them all replaced in 09 when it started making some noises I didn't like... still got the originals just in case....

Just Move..... let the amp worry about it's tubes..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
ill figure it out i have some time to think of what im gonna do. there are risks either way. and i know all about it. all my family is in north eastern pa and shit is a mess.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board