I've never had so many problems recording as I've had this week.. So I'm recording these intro guitars for a cover and I nail it how I wanted it, and they sound like this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1371004/introitd1.mp3

does anyone know why?!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
What DAW and interface are you using?

Does it crackle when you're playing back in your DAW, or only after you've rendered the file?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Reaper and Profire 610, and yes it crackles in my DAW and after rendering.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

This used to happen with my old Line 6 interface, I chalked it up to drivers messing up. I'd just click on the audio setting in Reaper then after it opened I'd just click ok and it would record normally for a while.

On an unrelated note, I was working on a Sum 41 cover for fun the other day too! You should record vocals for Handle This!
Should I try updating drivers?

That's my buddy singing, otherwise I would. Haha.

Could be drivers then like Adam said. I used to have that happen to my Presonus FirePod, along with audio dropouts.

Did you update your OS recently by any chance?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I didn't. I've been having a ton of problems lately though, my Firepod won't even connect so that's why I'm using my friends Profire. The only thing I've done that I can think of is drive from California to Minnesota with my computer and firepod in my truck bed. It was packed safely, but maybe something broke in my Firepod?

That's besides the point right now though, I will try updating drivers and post back.

Edit: Filth I tried that, it just made it really laggy. But I lowered it and the problem got worse, so maybe this is the problem?

Last edited by tr3nt at Nov 9, 2011,
the "crackle" is digital jitter. could be b/c the data stream from your interface is getting interrupted. could be a hardware conflict in your machine. could be a DPC issue
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Sounds like your buffer size is too low and you're getting buffer underruns?