I've always thought that Alex Skolnick would have been a better choice over Kirk Hammett.
John Sykes would have made a good partner for Ozzy.
Jeff Beck might have fit in with either The Stones or The Who.
It would have been interesting for Chris Cornell to sing w/Alice in Chains.

Anyone else got ideas?
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by maker's marked

Jeff Beck might have fit in with either The Stones or The Who.

Dude, you high?

Chris Cornell and AiC might work though.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by Crofty89
Dude, you high?

Chris Cornell and AiC might work though.

No, just bored at work.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by sashki
George Lynch auditioned to be in Ozzy's band (more than once, I believe)

I know he did when Jake got the job. If he thought Don Dokken was an asshole, imagine what playing for Ozzy would have been like.

Tiny Tim in Queen
Randy Rhoads in Cheap Trick (my odd fantasy)
Michael Angelo Batio in Dragonforce
and
Buckethead in Ozzy
EDIT: And Phil Lynott playing bass in The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
Last edited by Skullivan at Nov 9, 2011,
John Frusciante in Frank Zappa's band if he would've actually went to the audition.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by G.Krizzel
Axl Rose in ultimate cage fighting.

With Oly Sykes.

OT I've always thought that Limp Bizkit with Corey Taylor instead of Fred Durst would have been interesting.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Nov 9, 2011,
Corey Taylor with Velvet Revolver.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Kurt Cobain and Michael Stipe
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by maker's marked
No, just bored at work.

Sorry, just not sure how you think Jeff Beck would work with the Rolling Stones or the Who. Much as I love Jeff and the Stones (not so big a Who fan though can't deny their talent), Jeff Beck is just way too different from them, his guitar style just would not work with Jagger's voice in the slightest, and he hasn't the stage presence to replace Pete Townsend. His style is far too melodic, both Keith Richards and what I know of Pete Townsend are far more focused on rhythm first, and that complements Mick Jagger's and Roger Daltrey's vocals, whereas Jeff Beck's style would get in the way of them.

EDIT: After replying I remembered before going solo, Jeff Beck was in the Yardbirds, and after watching maybe he would have fit in the Stones or Who. Especially the Who with how he treated the guitar and amp.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Last edited by Crofty89 at Nov 9, 2011,
Metallica if they had not fired Dave Mustaine.
DeVillains!
Alice's Mudgarden.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Taylor Swift in Opeth.

I love Swift's guitar work.

She'd be so much better on vocals too.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I wonder what it'd be like if Radiohead and Pearl Jam swapped their lead singers

The thing is, I could imagine Eddie Vedder working with some of Radiohead's songs
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crofty89
Sorry, just not sure how you think Jeff Beck would work with the Rolling Stones or the Who. Much as I love Jeff and the Stones (not so big a Who fan though can't deny their talent), Jeff Beck is just way too different from them, his guitar style just would not work with Jagger's voice in the slightest, and he hasn't the stage presence to replace Pete Townsend. His style is far too melodic, both Keith Richards and what I know of Pete Townsend are far more focused on rhythm first, and that complements Mick Jagger's and Roger Daltrey's vocals, whereas Jeff Beck's style would get in the way of them.

I didn't mean that Jeff would replace Pete, he'd just be the lead player. If I remember correctly, Beck was actually considered before either Mick Taylor or Ron Wood. I think eventually, Beck would have gotten bored with the Stones, but it might have been a cool album or two.

Les Claypool in Metallica
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls