So my issue is this,every time i go to belt out some lyrics on my guitar,i end up trying to follow my words with my picking as if each pluck of the string is to be another word and it completely throws off my timing and rhythm.
So i was wondering if any greats out there had some simple techniques i can practice to at least get myself singing in tune with what i'm playing.
Try writing the parts separately. Its great if you can do it at the same time, but I think it's easiest to have music and make your vocals over top of them. It helps a lot if you can record the music to it and then play it back and try to sing over top, or even a program like Guitar Pro or TuxGuitar help tons.

But if you're talking about playing covers and can't sing the right phrasing over guitar, then that's just all about practice, and starting off with simple phrases and moving on from there.
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Try writing the parts separately. Its great if you can do it at the same time, but I think it's easiest to have music and make your vocals over top of them. It helps a lot if you can record the music to it and then play it back and try to sing over top, or even a program like Guitar Pro or TuxGuitar help tons.

But if you're talking about playing covers and can't sing the right phrasing over guitar, then that's just all about practice, and starting off with simple phrases and moving on from there.

Sounds great i'll definitely give it go,just hope i can get some better results out of it.