Hello again!

I've got a Les Paul style guitar on ebay at the moment and the auction is going to be over in a few days, so now I've started to worry about postage costs.

I'm in the UK and the guitar is being posted somewhere within this country, but I'm not sure how much it will cost.

Could somebody please tell me ROUGHLY how much this will cost to send? It's not in a hardcase, just a cardboard box with bubblewrap and foam. I am hoping to post this with Royal Mail, as we've got a post office nearby. Thanks in advance! :-)

Charlie.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

It's usually around £15ish with Royal Mail, although depending on the weight of the guitar and it's value it can vary a bit.

The last one I posted was just under £20, but that included a hard case so it would have been much heavier.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Boxed up a strat and filled with the foam pieces for about 16 quid.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by GaryBillington
It's usually around £15ish with Royal Mail, although depending on the weight of the guitar and it's value it can vary a bit.

The last one I posted was just under £20, but that included a hard case so it would have been much heavier.

Thank you very much mate! Was hoping for it to be just around £20. Been a long old time since I sent a guitar! Thanks again.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Boxed up a strat and filled with the foam pieces for about 16 quid.

Thanks for the info!
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

just bear in mind it might be hard to find anyone willing to insure it if it's not in a hard case (plus royal mail and parcelforce only insure guitars up to £150 iirc, which isn't much use). that's the big problem.

I seem to remember a thread on musicradar where someone had found a courier who was willing to insure guitars not in cases. You could try doing a search there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
About £20 I'd say..

When I ordered my RGA from a guy in England the postage was about £32.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Dave_Mc
just bear in mind it might be hard to find anyone willing to insure it if it's not in a hard case (plus royal mail and parcelforce only insure guitars up to £150 iirc, which isn't much use). that's the big problem.

I seem to remember a thread on musicradar where someone had found a courier who was willing to insure guitars not in cases. You could try doing a search there.

I've sent guitars in the past worth more than that which weren't in hard cases and never had a problem.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
oh sure, i've never had a guitar break either- but if i were sending a guitar I'd want to know it was insured if the worst were to happen. With an awful lot of the courier companies, they just plain won't insure it if it's not in a case. And a fair few more will only insure it up to a certain value even if it is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh sure, i've never had a guitar break either- but if i were sending a guitar I'd want to know it was insured if the worst were to happen. With an awful lot of the courier companies, they just plain won't insure it if it's not in a case. And a fair few more will only insure it up to a certain value even if it is.

When I said I've never had a problem, I didn't mean I've never had one break. I meant I've never had a problem getting it sent with full insurance.

I only ever use Royal Mail and they WILL insure a guitar worth over £150 even if it isn't in a hard case.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
**** royal mail. Over priced and slow.

Use interparcel.com

I sent 3 guitars for £30 total yesterday.

If the buyer wants insured postage then that's something they can ask for. If not, make it clear its sent uninsured at their own risk with no returns.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ yeah i think you have to make that clear- if not, it's the sender's problem, i think. the buyer's entitled to assume it's covered unless it's specifically pointed out that it's not.

Quote by GaryBillington
When I said I've never had a problem, I didn't mean I've never had one break. I meant I've never had a problem getting it sent with full insurance.

I only ever use Royal Mail and they WILL insure a guitar worth over £150 even if it isn't in a hard case.

oh really?

Any time i inquired about it they said they wouldn't. certainly dhl wouldn't.

I dunno Though to be fair I've been told one thing on the phone one day, and a completely different thing another day, so that might be it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Though to be fair I've been told one thing on the phone one day, and a completely different thing another day, so that might be it

This is the way with most companies, so I guess I can only truly comment on what my local post office does....

The best one I ever had was with a guitar that was being delivered to me. The seller had used a courier called Yodel. After a failed delivery at my home address, I used their website to arrange for it to be redelivered to a friend's house. When it didn't arrive the next day, I phoned them and was told that they don't allow redelivery to alternate addresses, even though it's one of the featured options on their website!!
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Nov 10, 2011,
ahahahaha

yeah it can be ridiculous. I remember I phoned up dhl to see if they'd insure a guitar not in a hard case. they told me they did. Then when i phoned up again to actually book the collection, I thought I'd better ask again to make sure, and they said they didn't.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?