If I give a pinky to someone he pays no importance to it, but if I give him the middle finger he gets offended, what gives pit?

Who decides which finger is bad?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Social stigma
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by son_of_bodom
Social stigma

lolnoway

But why?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
seeing as it represents an erect penis, I guess because it's the longest?
Archery is the reason for the 2 fingered salute. The middle fingered salute is different.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
As far as I know, it was a sign of archers to show the enemies that we have our finger and we can still fire arrows.
In the middle ages, longbow men used their middle finger to draw their bow. When they were killed, people took their middle fingers as trophies. So, longbow men would taunt their enemies by showing their middle fingers as a sign of victory.
I'd be more offended if somebody showed my their middle toe than their middle finger.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by GaryBillington

That.

Also from showing the first and middle fingers, which in the old days if you were an archer, the enemy (if they caught you) would cut of those fingers because you used them to fire arrows. So if you hadn't been caught by the enemy yet you gave them the "V's" as a way of say "HAHA fuck you motherfucker, I can still shoot you!"

Something like that anyway.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by guitarage
Something to do with archers, idk google it?

I know that's how the 2 finger "F you" sign came into being. British archers flashed it at the French during the 100 years war, because the French supposedly cut those fingers off of captured archers so as to make it impossible for them to shoot.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
because if it wasn't, another finger would have to be the bad one:

1. the thumb can't be the bad one, because then you could thumbs up people.
2. the index finger can't be bad, because then you can't point at things.
3. the ring finger can't be bad, because then you couldn't show your ring.
4. the pinky can't be bad either, since you need to extend it when drink tea to be fancy.

that only leaves the middle finger, and since it's not good for anything, it has to be bad.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
of course the Greeks invented it.

we invent everything
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
of course the Greeks invented it.

we invent everything

just not financial experts.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\