Hey guys, recently bought myself a Bugera 6262 head, it came and i loved it for the first few days... Then today i decide i think i will try it with my Line 6 pod XT live... I hear this buzzing sound which i havent heard before, and then i see that the tubes are glowing a lot brighter than they normally do and then the whole thing turns off... Now i have no power in the amp whatsoever, would greatly appreciate it if someone gave me a diagnosis and maybe a way to resolve this issue... Any questions please ask
No power can be several things...

A blown fuse,
blown power tubes,
or completely fried amp i.e. blown OT or other internals.

When you say no power, does the amp light up? If no, my guess is fuse or OT.
If it does light up, then its the tubes.

EDIT
Wow I used blown alot.

How were you connecting the Pod to your amp?
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Nov 9, 2011,
No power what so ever, no lights nothing... I just straightforwardly plugged the power adapter into the same exstension power supply as the amp head and set it up as usual Pod output to amp input: Pod input to my guitar, i know if the pod has anything to do with it, its just coincidental that the amp dies the first time i use the pod with it
My guess is the fuse. Pull it out and see. I don't really know what a blown fuse looks like though. Depends on the type of fuse.
Its a ceramic fuse so the only way to test if its blown is with a multimeter... which i dont have, but i've ordered some 1.6 A fuses so hopefully they will work
The fuse has most likely blown for a specific reason. Check each tube to see if one of them has a fault.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
What sort of things am i looking out for here? Im a noob when it comes to that side of amps and technology in general...
If it is new, take it back. Get the waranty repair and be done with it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
If it is new, take it back. Get the waranty repair and be done with it.

I would do that, but the only thing is that i ordered it from germany and i live in the UK and im not sure if i have to pay postage to send it there... If still nothing when i've replaced the fuse then i will send it back
Contact Bugera, and they will have you take it or send it to a waranty repair/authorized repair shop, and fix it there.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I had the exact thing happen to me with my 6260 (2 weeks old), I was having a jam, it sounded fuzzy and then just cut out. By any chance did you buy this from Thomman? If so, email them and ask for a return by DHL. They will email you a address sheet with their address and reference number. All you have to do is to phone DHL, quote the reference number and they will collect from you. I phoned DHL and within 20 minutes they were on my doorstep collecting it. Also, don't worry, it won't cost you anything to return it. Hope this helpful to you and anyone else in the same situation.
Quote by zipmouth
I had the exact thing happen to me with my 6260 (2 weeks old), I was having a jam, it sounded fuzzy and then just cut out. By any chance did you buy this from Thomman? If so, email them and ask for a return by DHL. They will email you a address sheet with their address and reference number. All you have to do is to phone DHL, quote the reference number and they will collect from you. I phoned DHL and within 20 minutes they were on my doorstep collecting it. Also, don't worry, it won't cost you anything to return it. Hope this helpful to you and anyone else in the same situation.

I did get it from thomann! Thankyou very much this is very helpful
Is it possible there's a problem with the pod? I doubt it, but if you did something stupid like plugging it in between the cab and the head (which I've heard of people doing), then that would do it.

More likely the fuse, though.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Is it possible there's a problem with the pod? I doubt it, but if you did something stupid like plugging it in between the cab and the head (which I've heard of people doing), then that would do it.

I doubt its the pod i've had it for ages and not a single problem, and didnt plug it in between the cab and the head...
Quote by FrustratedRocka

A problem with the Pod wouldn't cause the amp to not power up.
I changed the fuse today, there was power for a split second before it went off again, think im just going to return it...
Quote by MrPacifica
I changed the fuse today, there was power for a split second before it went off again, think im just going to return it...

Yeah that means there is an issue with the amp causing the fuse to blow.
Quote by MrPacifica
I would do that, but the only thing is that i ordered it from germany and i live in the UK and im not sure if i have to pay postage to send it there... If still nothing when i've replaced the fuse then i will send it back

I had to go through this with a company and the BBB saved the day.

Send it back. Some bugeras freak out. You may have got a bad one. Just out of curiosity were you using the clean channel on the amp when using Line 6?
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by MrPacifica

There's a fault with the amp. That's why the fuse blows. To prevent any damage being done to your amp.

Did you check the tubes like I said?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by maddnotez

I had to go through this with a company and the BBB saved the day.

Send it back. Some bugeras freak out. You may have got a bad one. Just out of curiosity were you using the clean channel on the amp when using Line 6?

I think i was using clean/crunch but might have switched to lead at some point, cant really remember...