http://news.yahoo.com/family-circus-creator-bil-keane-dies-89-175700917.html

I don't know if I should be happy or sad... I mean, his comics were terrible monstrosities, but he's still a person...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
As much as I DESPISE Family Circus, you gotta tip your hat to this guy for staying in a business as fickle as the newspaper comic strip for as long as he did, without ever straying from what he believed was right.

Another one of the great old cartoonists has left us. RIP.
Quote by captaincrunk
****ing Finally. No more of that terrible comic strip. Sorry for the family's loss, happy for the universe's gain.

My sentiments exactly.
The fact people are celebrating someone's death just because he drew a comic they didn't like saddens me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
The fact people are celebrating someone's death just because he drew a comic they didn't like saddens me.

Frequently when I go, "that's exactly what I wanted to say" I see that Necrosis1193 has said it before me.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
It's Bil with 1 "l"
And I always liked Family Circus.
RIP Bil.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I know, Crunk... shame on all those people who actually like Family Circus! I mean... they unwittingly kept a comic strip going because they have no idea what we're supposed to like when we turn to the comic pages.
Quote by necrosis1193

First of all, we're not celebrating, we're rejoicing. Second of all, I don't dislike his comic, I abhor it.
Quote by Drakathan
Frequently when I go, "that's exactly what I wanted to say" I see that Necrosis1193 has said it before me.

Sig change time.

Quote by RU Experienced?
First of all, we're not celebrating, we're rejoicing. Second of all, I don't dislike his comic, I abhor it.

First of all, this is how much I give a fuck. Second of all. this is how much I give a fuck.

Absolutely none whatsoever.

Quote by necrosis1193
First of all, this is how much I give a fuck. Second of all. this is how much I give a fuck.

Absolutely none whatsoever.

If you didn't give a fuck you wouldn't be lamenting over the people who celebrate the deaths of others.
Quote by RU Experienced?
If you didn't give a fuck you wouldn't be lamenting over the people who celebrate the deaths of others.

That's not what I'm not giving a fuck about. What I'm not giving a fuck about is your nitpicking definitions.

Goodbye pervert.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Comics were a huge part of my childhood, so it sucks that the creator of a notable one has passed. No matter how old a person is, it’s never easy to deal with death, so I wish the best for his family.

That said, good lord Family Circus was AWFUL. Such an annoyingly cheesy comic strip that seemed stuck in the 50’s.
Quote by captaincrunk
****ing Finally. No more of that terrible comic strip. Sorry for the family's loss, happy for the universe's gain.

This may be one of those one in a million times where we agree on something.

**** those comics.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by necrosis1193

The fact that someone you never knew, met, probably didn't even know the name of saddens you, saddens me. People die every day, who cares about this guy unless a) you knew him or his family or b) you liked his work. It's people like you who cry over someone they never knew that tarnishes their memory.

I neither knew his family and I HATED his work, so this is no concern to me.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I knew Seanbaby's recaptions would turn up in this thread. Sure, Keane was another human too, and so I can't really be happy about this, but I can't think of any better way to "mourn" him.
So:

Last edited by Cavalcade at Nov 9, 2011,
Lol at people who think his comics are going away, this is exactly what will happen:
Quote by StewieSwan
Get ready for "Classic Family Circus"

RIP, I never cared for his comics, but obviously they meant something to a lot of people considering how long they've been around.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Now I can read the Sunday funnies in peace.

Oh, wait, his son is the one who has been drawing it for the past few years.

Family Circus will never end.
Why are you guys happy someones dead because you didnt like his comics which were for the harmless purpose of entertainment and self preservation...

man UG is discusting but recently its been down right embarrasing
Quote by Brendan.Pivin
Why are you guys happy someones dead because you didnt like his comics which were for the harmless purpose of entertainment and self preservation...

Agreed. Gode spallen men!
Quote by Brendan.Pivin

It seems you're new to the internet, so I'll let you in on a secret: Not everything people say is serious.
Check out my band Disturbed
No disrespect intend, I hope they give his newspaper space to an up-and-coming cartoonist instead of rehashing old Family Circus comics.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served