Recently (in the past few weeks) I've been experiencing some pain in my right elbow. I am uncertain what caused it, but I suspect it occured while lifting my bicycle out of the back of my truck using an overhand grip. It doesn't seem to hurt while playing guitar, but I often notice some aching afterword - or at least my playing seems to aggrivate it. At this point, I'm thinking I need to stop playing for awhile or at least change up my style to something...less demanding, I'll say. (I play a lot of black and death metal with a great deal of tremelo picking and galloping.)

I know that tension can cause this kind of problem, but I used to play with A LOT more tension than I do now. In the past 6 months, I've really focused on using just my wrist - so I don't know why I'm having a problem now.

The problem is, I have trouble NOT PLAYING in that style. I can set out to just play bluesy stuff and eventually it transitions into black metal without even realizing it.

Maybe I just need to give my wife the power cord to my amp to lock up for a few weeks. Anybody have any tips or treatments for dealing with this problem? Should I start icing my elbow? Thanks!
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
inb4chopyourarmoff

last I checked, UG wasn't a medical forum. If you're suffering from prolonged agony them it may be best to seek profession help. I sometimes get a stiff elbow or aching muscles, but I just rest it for a while and then go back in. if ice/rum/mentholated spirits helps with your pain then use it for now and see if it gets better soon, if not then go see a doctor-person of sorts.
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
inb4chopyourarmoff

last I checked, UG wasn't a medical forum. If you're suffering from prolonged agony them it may be best to seek profession help. I sometimes get a stiff elbow or aching muscles, but I just rest it for a while and then go back in. if ice/rum/mentholated spirits helps with your pain then use it for now and see if it gets better soon, if not then go see a doctor-person of sorts.

I wasn't asking for medical-quality advice. I was just hoping that maybe some guitar players will have had similar symptoms and found ways to improve the problem and/or ways to limit themselves in their playing in order to give their body a chance to heal.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood