hi i have been recording some of my chops by tracking by each riff of the song
i would like to know whats the best way to track a guitar is it playing the whole song again and again then edit it by selecting the best parts or tracking it by the riff parts
I track riff by riff, but it depends on how good you are at playing the song really. Sometimes when I have bands come and record, they can nail almost all the song on one take, then we go back and fix the issues riff by riff. Really just depends what works for you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I typically track riff by riff with the drum/bass tracks playing.
More of a chance for me to get the riff down within 1-3 takes.

Now, if I am doing a series of chords, then I record like 2 or 3 specific chords throughout the whole song, then repeat.

Another thing I do when tracking guitars is that I will kinda extend the note/chord duration for a little bit so that way when I go to record the next riff after that, I will get a smooth transition between riffs.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by MatrixClaw
I track riff by riff, but it depends on how good you are at playing the song really. Sometimes when I have bands come and record, they can nail almost all the song on one take, then we go back and fix the issues riff by riff. Really just depends what works for you.

yep....sameizzle hereizzle myizzle nizzles!
Quote by MatrixClaw

thanks i thought i was doing it the wrong way
Quote by binting

Nope.

There's really no "wrongs" in recording. If it sounds good, who cares?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by binting

There's no "wrong way" in recording, yo! If it sounds good and works for you, then go for it.
Write the music you want to hear.