I just got my Hot Noiseless Strat Pickup set ready for installation in my 2000 Made in Mexico Standard Stratocaster. This is my first time doing this so I figured maybe someone here could answer my question.

Should I keep the pots and switch that came stock in the strat or should I buy new ones? I took a peak underneath the pickguard and they appear to be 250k CTS pots, I can't identify the brand of the 5 way switch however. I haven't noticed any crackling of any kind.

What do you guys (or girls) think?
You can keep them. They will work cause the Noiseless pickups are also passive. However, I'd get 500k pots for volume/volumes. I think they do the job far better than 250k.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
You can keep them. They will work cause the Noiseless pickups are also passive. However, I'd get 500k pots for volume/volumes. I think they do the job far better than 250k.

For singles you usually use 250's. Just saying.

TS, as a rule I always put new pots and switches in when changing pups. I use dimarzio pro parts. When I retrofitted my MIA standard, the difference between the stock electronics and the new ones was massive (even with the stock pickups). Stock Fender electronics are disappointing to say the least.

I would highly recommend doing it.
Quote by hawk5211
For singles you usually use 250's. Just saying.

TS, as a rule I always put new pots and switches in when changing pups. I use dimarzio pro parts. When I retrofitted my MIA standard, the difference between the stock electronics and the new ones was massive (even with the stock pickups). Stock Fender electronics are disappointing to say the least.

I would highly recommend doing it.

I found a fellow guitarist's MIM strat with 500k for volume, otherwise stock, to sound better than what it was with a 250k. Of course.. with humbuckers I think the overall tone is more shaped with 500k.

And as hawk5211 stated, you wouldn't need to put new pots and switches.. But it's really useful because pots and switches don't last forever.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
I found a fellow guitarist's MIM strat with 500k for volume, otherwise stock, to sound better than what it was with a 250k. Of course.. with humbuckers I think the overall tone is more shaped with 500k.

Thats true, I forgot that those noiseless ones are humbucking.
Fair enough, I'll go take a look at my local guitar shop for some new parts. So a 500k for volume and 250k for tones. Any recommendation for pots and switches? Anything to avoid?
Well, Switchcraft is a solid choice for jacks and switches.. then of course Dimarzio's Pro Parts are really safe bets too.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

CTS is one of the best brands you can buy for control pots (guitar-wise), there really isn't any need to swap them out and you'd be hard pressed to find something better than CTS without spending the cash for boutique stuff. You might like the 500K better for volume since they're not as restricting as a 250K, but that's about it.

If the switch isn't crackling or causing problems there isn't any need to swap it out. It's a switch
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
In the end I didn't switch anything. I popped them in and wired my bridge pickup to the middle tone control. It sounds fantastic.