Anybody know anything about them? are they good quality cuz they're fookin cheap! I read in PG magazine that the LP JRs are good. What about others? Strats, Teles, anybody know?
Been Dazed and Confused...
I have a Tele from them and I like it. Obviously it's not going to be the "BEST GUITAR EVAR" but worth the money IMO.

For the Tele, I think new pick-ups, pots and tuners would set it above a Mexi-Tele and at half the cost.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Excellent value guitars. My buddy has a SX Bass. It's certainly a lot better than his "Python" bass, but not really as good as a Squier I have. The body is kinda thin and light feeling. The bridge is a sheet of metal that is bent in a weird way and drilled to hold the strings, the same as the python, whereas the Squier has a bridge that's a block of machined steel, with several heavy duty screws bolting it down. The tuners are cheap, but he tells me it does stay in tune just fine. The frets are smooth and the fretboard is good too. I would definitely buy a SX guitar, for their price.

They would make an excellent project guitar. eg take the pickguard off, sand it down, stain it, or repaint it, etc.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
not a fan. as i keep telling people, a brilliant cheap guitar is aria stg series.

their like the nokia of guitars. drop them down stairs and there isnt a scratch.

rant coming:
(i hate SX btw. i had a les paul, and everything was crap. pickups loose and magnets not working, huge buzz, knobs were almost hanging out. the shop ended up refunding and binning it. )

my Aria has been played 6 hours a day for a year and a half. not one problem
you get what you pay for essentially, if you buy a $100 guitar new don't expect it to be the best guitar on earth or even that good at all
Quote by MM14
you get what you pay for essentially, if you buy a $100 guitar new don't expect it to be the best guitar on earth or even that good at all

It depends, some are far better then others. Best playing and sounding guitar I have was 650$ +300 in pups. I've had far more expensive similar style (rg) guitars not even come close to the quality of mine. Including 3 premiums I played yesterday.
I had an SX GG4 which was a Mockingbird copy for $119. It advertised with a 1 5/8" nut width but what I got was 1 3/4" nut width. I thought that's ok I can live with it. Then the frets were awful, super jumbo jumbo frets that was unlevel and sharp ends. It made me think they forgot to dress the frets so I went to work on 'em.

I stoned 'em down, beveled 'em and got 'em level. Then I had to bring the bridge down and it bottomed on the seats so the action was a little high. It played pretty good but I can't do some riffin' because of the action. The pups were ceramics and surprisingly they sounded real good. The kid down the street wanted it bad so I sold it to him.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Spaztikko
not a fan. as i keep telling people, a brilliant cheap guitar is aria stg series.

their like the nokia of guitars. drop them down stairs and there isnt a scratch.

rant coming:
(i hate SX btw. i had a les paul, and everything was crap. pickups loose and magnets not working, huge buzz, knobs were almost hanging out. the shop ended up refunding and binning it. )

my Aria has been played 6 hours a day for a year and a half. not one problem

Have to second Aria... but with that said, SX basses are not bad, I have not had any problems with mine.
Ive had an SX strat. The $79 one. It was very nice, played pretty good. The LP junior copies are even better. I plan to buy one of the tele copies so I can make me a nice jim root copy.
Take a look at Xaviere guitars. Pretty cheap, lots of styles, and way better pickups that anything near their price range, which starts @$150 new
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate