I found a Panasonic SH253 on the street. Took it home, works fine with my stereo, but I don't need it for that. I was thinking of buying some 1/4" to RCA cables and putting it in line with my pedalboard after the distortions, in lieu of an EQ pedal, for recording. Will this work?
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
I've never tried one in my guitar chain, but I do have a consumer-grade EQ in my equipment rack I use for recording. I'm doing the same thing you are - converting its RCA outs/ins to 1/4". It works fine, although I'd prefer to have a pro-grade rack unit instead.

My advice? Go for it.
I don't see why it wouldn't. I use a two channel 15 band equalizer in my rig, which isn't meant for guitar but rather a PA rack set up.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Really does open up a lot of possibilities! Let me know how it works! I was thinking of trying something similar.
Gave it a try and it works. I was worried the impedance mismatch might cause unwanted noise, but no such issue. My only remaining concern, and I have to keep playing with it to be sure, is that I think the tone might get slightly thinner when the EQ is on, even with all bands set at zero. However, I could just be hearing things. Placebo effect can be a pain.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1