i have recently fell in love with the charvel wild card at my local samash but i dont have enough money to put it on layaway cause im paying off my vintage modern....

and the charvel is heavily discounted but i just want to find other options just in case someone picks up the charvel before i get the chance too. the specs im looking for is

humbucker bridge, Single coild neck. absolutely no middle pickup. the lowering middle pickup thing doesnt work for me.

hardtail bridge.

<$750-800

cant really find anything like this

*BTW* guitar will be used for vintage type sounds and shred
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
This may be a possibility. The amber sunburst model has SD JB/59 pups. That should do the trick except having the single coil neck. Coil tap maybe?
lol even if i wanted that tele...... no longer available. and a tele wouldnt really fit the music style
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
why not just wait till you can afford to buy the charvel (really, layaway is just a bad idea in the long run)?

if you're dead-set on that guitar, buying anything else will be a compromise and you won't be completely happy. also, I found charvel pro-mods at a local shop for $900, thats not too far from the budget you listed
Quote by bsguitarist
i think they make tele's like that now.

Quote by EspTro
lol even if i wanted that tele...... no longer available. and a tele wouldnt really fit the music style.

yup
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Gregs1020 had a wildcard6 for sale at like 700?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
bc rich made a guitar like that..afew actually i think there was a gunslinger model like that. the rave if my memory serves me well and i belive a few others...look on ebay type in bcrich kramer charvel or any other model that was big in the 80's yeah must of the good stuff has been discontinued but i have seen afew one there recently for some good prices.
gunsilnger was only 1 pickup, and it has a FR
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
yes some gunslingers do the retro version they have out today all do... however there were some models in the 80's and maybe early 90's that had more then just one..