Hi all.

I'm going to USA in January and I plan to buy a guitar amp.
Can you recomend some to me?

I have a pretty descent beginner guitar and I play most hardcore, metal, metalcore, rock, and so... I will only play in small places, and for praticing.
I have U$200 to spend. If you could post US prices I prefer.

I was thinking to buy a Line 6 Spider IV 30w with one FBV footswitch. What do you think?

Thanks.
The footswitch will put you over budget. Get a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt. I've played both and the Vypyr is superior to it. Same price, but much better.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Try and find an used Peavey Vypyr 30w and Sanpera pedal used.

If you want new though, you will only be able to afford the amp.

I don't recommend anything other than the Vypyr 30w for you.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Is there any chance at all that you could stretch your budget a bit more? $200 won't get you much, but a bit more will. Also, don't get the Line 6. Please.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
+1 to the Vypyr. Speaking as a former Spider owner, I can tell you that the thing is crap. Also, please, don't push for that one too hard. I've used up my patience with people asking about that amp for the month.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I have U$500 to spend on the trip. But I'm trying to spend just U$200 on the amp :/
Here where I live everybody says this line6 is good for what I want, but if you all are saying that peavey is better I will check it out.
Can someone tell me why Peavey than Line6 ?

And as I said I just want it for praticing, I think 200$ and 30w is fine for it, right?
Is there some footswitch that can control this Peavey Vypyr?

Other thing, is there much diference from this vypyr 30w to the 15w one? Other than watts...

Thank you very much.
Last edited by bodosko at Nov 10, 2011,
the peavey has superior modeling. the line six is just meh overall. for practicing and a last ditch effort at that it works fine but i would still get the vyper over it. the spyder just sounds like mud no matter what you do with it. the vyper sounds decent for what it is.

also i wouldnt come to the US just to buy a spyder OR a vyper. the best situation is to get a decent modeling pedal with some nice headphones and call it good until you can afford a proper amp.

you can also look into free VST amp sims if you get or have an interface for your computer.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
After all, I think I will go with Vypyr.

I'm not goind to USA just for that. The main porpuse of the trip is Disney. But I will buy some things that here are just too expensive compared.
Right now I use Guitar Rig with my onboard Realtek. I was also planning to buy a Pod Studio GX just to have some fun with Guitar Rig and Amplitube, since my onboard sucks a little. I don't want anything cutting edge or too expensive. It's just for fun and pratice.

I was hoping I could find some footswitch that had also a compatibility with Guitar Rig, so I could control my Vypyr and use it as a little USB interface too.

Thanks.
Quote by bodosko
After all, I think I will go with Vypyr.

I'm not goind to USA just for that. The main porpuse of the trip is Disney. But I will buy some things that here are just too expensive compared.
Right now I use Guitar Rig with my onboard Realtek. I was also planning to buy a Pod Studio GX just to have some fun with Guitar Rig and Amplitube, since my onboard sucks a little. I don't want anything cutting edge or too expensive. It's just for fun and pratice.

I was hoping I could find some footswitch that had also a compatibility with Guitar Rig, so I could control my Vypyr and use it as a little USB interface too.

Thanks.

Well, the only footswitch for the Vypyr is the Sanpera I and II ($100 and $200 respectively). They only work with the 30 watt and up. The 75 watt will cost $100 more, but it has USB capabilities, and you can update it. The 15 has about half as many effects and doesn't work with the footswitch. The Spider just doesn't sound as good, it sounds either muddy or sterile, if you can grasp that, it isn't a great sound.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by bodosko

Here where I live everybody says this line6 is good for what I want

Everybody where you live apparently have hearing impairments lol.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
For metal, nothing will beat the Peavy Vypyrs for $200 and under...nothing. You'll be amazed at how much better they sound compared to other practice amps, especially for heavy genres.
Thank you all. I will certanly go with Vypir.
I live in Brazil, and here many people buy spider, I think its because of lack of options.