Hello all,
I am planning on getting a vox amp. It has come down to the AC15c1 or the AC4TV half stack. I will currently be using this for home playing, but when my band does recording work I plan to use this amp. I have a separate amp for gigging. I play mostly indie rock, especially lo fi; example bands include wavves, neutral milk hotel, weezer, and death cab for cutie. The bulk of my distortion will be coming from my pedalboard.
AC15 for sure.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
If it was me, I'd go for the AC4TV. I miss mine like crazy, and the only reason I got rid of it was because I couldn't gig with it. That said, I've never spent an extensive amount of time with an AC15.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Really depends how loud you'll be able to go. If you can crank the thing or need the headroom, go for the 15. If you can't, give the AC4 a shot.

Word of warning: Despite being only 15 watts, the AC15 is LOUD.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
well imo the point of the ac4 is to get natural tube ovrdrive very easily. i think they sound great. if you rule that out, you might as well take the option for headroom.