Page 1 of 3
So pit, today I accidentally screwed over a game store that will remain unnamed. This store is know for screwing people over on trade ins. So, I went in to pre order Skyrim and I had brought my copy of Gears of War 3 to trade in for credit towards it. Or so I thought. It was the Gears of War 3 case but I had accidentally put Gears of War 2 in it. The guy at the register was new and he had to keep asking another guy for help. Both the new guy and the guy that knew what he was doing checked the disc for scratches and neither of them noticed it was the wrong game. I got $32 for it. Then I went to work, came home and watched tv for a bit.

Ten minutes ago I decided to play some Assassin's Creed 2. I opened my game case and that was when I realized what happened. I have to go in tomorrow afternoon to sell some more games to pay off the rest of the game. So pit, thoughts on this? Should I bring Gears of War 3 and tell them what happened? Or should I just say screw it. I mean they screw enough people over, it's time for some one to screw them over right?
Quote by Adisturbedone
I mean they screw enough people over, it's time for some one to screw them over right?

This. Oh this.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
You're not screwing the store. You're screwing the poor guy who buys Gears of War 3 used at that store. He'll return it and say, 'this had gears of war 2 in it...' and they'll reply, "Lol yeah right n00b. Nice try."
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by captaincrunk
Now you take it back and say you lost the case. Get another 20 bucks.

I might take it to the other store around here and use it to pre order Assassin's Creed Revelations
Quote by StewieSwan
You're not screwing the store. You're screwing the poor guy who buys Gears of War 3 used at that store. He'll return it and say, 'this had gears of war 2 in it...' and they'll reply, "Lol yeah right n00b. Nice try."

I feel so bad for him
Quote by StewieSwan

Hopefully he'll check it before he leaves the store
Quote by StewieSwan

>implying they leave games in cases that people pick up and that they don't have drawers full of discs behind the counter

>me assuming this is gamestop, or a store that does the same thing
Quote by byob_soad2
>implying they leave games in cases that people pick up and that they don't have drawers full of discs behind the counter

>me assuming this is gamestop, or a store that does the same thing

>forgetting that TS got the wrong game.

Edit: Woops, I meant to say traded in the wrong game.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Nov 10, 2011,
You're about as classy as the people who traded in broken used games if you leave it as-is.

You have no idea how fucking pissed getting that game that you can't find new anymore home, only to find it's wrong or broken makes you.

Don't be a dick, do the right thing for the next guy to pick it up and get things fixed. Besides, it's not like they're never going to open it; no game store nowadays just leaves cases with a full games sitting on shelves, those cases are empty, the game's behind the counter. This is going to do nothing to the chain you dislike, but it could well cost the poor guy who took the game his job if it's not fixed. They're not going to antagonize the customer over a mistake they fix. They'll fire someone over something like this if they're an employee.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Hmm... You're getting Skyrim... I'm assuming only the Gray Fox could pull something so sly off.
Quote by captaincrunk
Meaning they'll reach for any old disc, and say "shit this was 2, lemme get u 3" and not notice for months if they ever even do.

Right, because successful businesses just throw their inventory into a drawer and forget about it, they don't keep inventory on anything.

Quote by necrosis1193
You're about as classy as the people who traded in broken used games if you leave it as-is.

You have no idea how fucking pissed getting that game that you can't find new anymore home, only to find it's wrong or broken makes you.

Don't be a dick, do the right thing for the next guy to pick it up and get things fixed. Besides, it's not like they're never going to open it; no game store nowadays just leaves cases with a full games sitting on shelves, those cases are empty, the game's behind the counter. This is going to do nothing to the chain you dislike, but it could well cost the poor guy who took the game his job if it's not fixed. They're not going to antagonize the customer over a mistake they fix. They'll fire someone over something like this if they're an employee.

That's the main thing I was worrying about; screwing over that new guy. I might go fix so he doesn't get in trouble. I'm sure they've probably realized by now when they did the inventory when they were closing.
Just go over there tomorrow, explain what happened, and exchange the disc for the right one - they're not going to blame a paying customer who says it's their fault, no harm no foul, everyone wins. Missing closing time one day shouldn't be the end of the world.

Quote by stonedhippos
skyrim = singleplayer = torrents

but that's evil

Which are no help toa console player, if their console isn't modded.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by stonedhippos
skyrim = singleplayer = torrents

but that's evil

A game that large would take ages to download on my college's shitty dorm internet. And I don't purposely rip people off.

Quote by Shirate
Which are no help toa console player, if their console isn't modded.

Also, this
Quote by StewieSwan

This.

But he's probably not a gamer, he's probably Dragonite Dad who wanted to buy his sons favourite game, Gears of War 3 he can't afford it new because he has a health condition and most of his money goes towards his expensive medication.

Now his son has more reason to hate him, and their relationship is slated to become more estranged, nobody will be there for Dragonite Dad's funeral when he dies from his condition.

TS you can sleep well tonight so you can rest up for when amend your mistake tomorrow.

yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Nov 10, 2011,
Quote by necrosis1193
Right, because successful businesses just throw their inventory into a drawer and forget about it, they don't keep inventory on anything.

They'll have it cataloged as 3, put it in the drawer for 3, and when they pull it back out and hopefully notice its two they'll assume someone accidentally put it in three. It's obvious.
Quote by Adisturbedone
So pit, today I accidentally screwed over a game store that will remain unnamed. This store is know for screwing people over on trade ins. So, I went in to pre order Skyrim and I had brought my copy of Gears of War 3 to trade in for credit towards it. Or so I thought. It was the Gears of War 3 case but I had accidentally put Gears of War 2 in it. The guy at the register was new and he had to keep asking another guy for help. Both the new guy and the guy that knew what he was doing checked the disc for scratches and neither of them noticed it was the wrong game. I got $32 for it. Then I went to work, came home and watched tv for a bit.

Ten minutes ago I decided to play some Assassin's Creed 2. I opened my game case and that was when I realized what happened. I have to go in tomorrow afternoon to sell some more games to pay off the rest of the game. So pit, thoughts on this? Should I bring Gears of War 3 and tell them what happened? Or should I just say screw it. I mean they screw enough people over, it's time for some one to screw them over right?

You lost me with these.

You're 99% referring to Gamestop, because you live in the US, and chain video game store are nearly all owned by Gamestop.

Gamestop doesn't "screw you over". The trade in value is always 20-40% of the used price, depending on supply and demand. You're selling them a game that they have to then re-sell for profit. When you trade in a brand new $60 game, and then get $25, you're not getting "screwed". You're selling a game to a business so they can make a profit off of it.

I only say this because I've worked at a Gamestop for over two years, and I just know how the system works. I am in no way trying to defend the company, though. Fuck Gamestop. I hate the company for various other things, and the trade ins aren't even on the list.

Basically, the trade ins aren't "screwing" anyone. It's a simple economic procedure. You don't buy something from someone for $5-10 less than you plan to sell it. You make the most profit possible while adhering to a system that remains strong with supply and demand.

etc. etc. etc.

ANYWAY, just fuck'em. Gamestop doesn't care. They probably found their mistake, and already dealt with it. Just get the credit for your Gears 3, get your Skyrim, and be a happy camper. Fuck bitches, get Elder Scrolls.

Win/Win for everyone. Except Gamestop. Fuck Gamestop.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Take it back. I know it's not cool to do the right thing, but God knows how pissed you would be if you payed for something and then got an outdated piece of shit.
Quote by StewieSwan

If they did their job right, when they were gutting the games they noticed their mistake, they moved one copy of Gears 3 out of inventory, and then moved in one Gears 2.

If they didn't, and someone still bought it, and Gears 2 was in the case instead, and they paid for Gears 3, the store's pretty much obligated to give them their correct game, and the whole inventory switcheroo would still happen, just at a later date, and to more expense to the store, more than likely.

Still not a big deal. Happens every day, almost.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
If they did their job right, when they were gutting the games they noticed their mistake, they moved one copy of Gears 3 out of inventory, and then moved in one Gears 2.

If they didn't, and someone still bought it, and Gears 2 was in the case instead, and they paid for Gears 3, the store's pretty much obligated to give them their correct game, and the whole inventory switcheroo would still happen, just at a later date, and to more expense to the store, more than likely.

I agree, I'm sure they'd take it back even if they believed it wasn't a true story.
Quote by captaincrunk
They'll have it cataloged as 3, put it in the drawer for 3, and when they pull it back out and hopefully notice its two they'll assume someone accidentally put it in three. It's obvious.

Having worked in retail and had to take inventory, I can tell you right now that simple an organization method works for sorting your vacation photos and videogame collection. It does not work for a national retail chain that needs to keep a consistent inventory and has an online ordering service that needs to know their stock on a regular basis.

You are not screwing the store or the company at all. The only thing you are doing is putting that guy's job in danger.

Do the right thing, and go back. Don't be a dickhole.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Take it back.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by captaincrunk
I agree, I'm sure they'd take it back even if they believed it wasn't a true story.

It becomes a customer service issue. You take care of that shit no questions asked. You don't need a call to corporate. You need that customer out of your store without a scene.

That's LITERALLY Gamestop's policy on customer service. Unless you're basically stealing from the store/company to fill that customer's needs, you do what you do to fix it.

Unless it's a recurring thing with a regular customer who was known to be up to no good with their games, you just shut up, give them their game, and move on.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20

Since you use to work at a gamestop, do you think the guy could get fired over it?
Quote by Adisturbedone
Since you use to work at a gamestop, do you think the guy could get fired over it?

No.

It's an honest mistake. Like I said, that kind of thing happens almost every day. Managers even do it. The games even look alike, so that's another reason why it won't matter, because it's an honest mistake. Like you said, even the manager/senior employee didn't catch it.

No harm, no foul, except in the company's pocket. And that ~$30 is less than a pittance to the company.

Saxo-Walrus

Go back, with GOW 3 in your car. Leave it in the car when you go into the store to sell the rest of the games. If he asks you about it, be all "Oh I totally forgot, yeah I realised, hang on its in here somewhere (search your games), oh wait, it might still be in the car (Leave the games @ the counter, that way they know you wont bail)." Its the best option if you dont know the outcome. Its better than leaving it at home, and them being on your case, makes you look like a criminal.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Quote by Adisturbedone

You're an absolute wanker if you don't admit what happened.

You don't **** over the store - You **** over the 14 year old that saved his pocket money to buy a game.
RIP Tom Searle.
only a skyrim faggot would do something like this
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by MH400
You're an absolute wanker if you don't admit what happened.

You don't **** over the store - You **** over the 14 year old that saved his pocket money to buy a game.

He can return it when he finds out and get the right game
Quote by Adisturbedone
He can return it when he finds out and get the right game
Maybe. It could be easily seen as him trying to get the game for free.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Do two wrongs make a right?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by element4433
Maybe. It could be easily seen as him trying to get the game for free.

But, if the kid returns the game by error, because the game is wrong, he's not getting anything for free, because he paid the full used price for the game.

Regardless, the store will switch out the game for the right one.

Saxo-Walrus

Page 1 of 3