I just picked up a tie dye "Hippie Blue" strat. I'm going to guitar center to pick it up tomorrow. It really has me thinking I need a nice reverb pedal. Money is pretty tight for me right now, so I'm trying to stay under 50 bucks. I understand I'm not gettinga pedal that sounds like a high-end pedal that cost a few hundred bucks, but I do want something decent. I really have to main uses for it, to bring my cleans to life with that shimmering sound, and to have that massive "arena" sound for my dirty leads. I have a Raven rg60, which I know turns a lot of you off. In my opinion they have a really nice tone, especially the cleans, but the stock speaker sucks. I'm getting a replacement soon. Anyway, I've seen some of the Behringer reverb pedals for under 50 bucks, but I can't find a lot of information. I'm gonna try to look at some when I go to GC tomorrow, but I'd like to have a direction.
Go used and try for one of the EHX reverbs. I had the Digitech Digiverb and it wasn't too bad either.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
I don't think that's happening for $50... lol
Based on a quick google search, they go new for well over 100, I don't think used would get it past about 70 or 80. The digiverb seems more reasonable, I'll look into that. Thank you for your input.
Yeah everyone hates ravens blah blah blah. I personally like them.
IMHO TS, the money you will be spending on a new speaker for that amp, could be saved, as well as the money being put towards a new pedal.

Then you could sell the amp you own to some sap and end up with a decent amount of cash for an actual decent amp
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by tas38
Have you listened to a raven through a different speaker?

Even if it does sound a bit better, in the end you will end up wanting to get rid of the thing. If you truly strive for good tone anyways.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You could always get an old Peavey with legit spring reverb built in. I had one and it sounded cool for surf style stuff...
I really only plan on spending a couple hundred on my setup for the next few years. I'm basically looking at getting a speaker, OD pedal, and reverb pedal. I'm happy with my amp in general terms, and I'm pretty sure I'll like my guitar. At least I have 30 days to find out after tomorrow.
Quote by tas38
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/605979-REG/Behringer_DR600_DR600_Digital_Reverb_Stompbox.html

Any opinion on this? I can find reviews but no samples. I've heard some examples from other behringer reverbs and like it.

IMHO, save up for something other than that doorstop.

I know money is tight, but quality > quantity.

Also, you should try some different amps out.

Hell, any cheap modeller out there has plenty of effects on it, including reverb.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You know, I chose my raven after playing several amps trying to find something good.
Quote by tas38
You know, I chose my raven after playing several amps trying to find something good.

What amps did you try?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I don't remember specifically. But several fenders and peaveys. Some cheap marshalls. I didn't have enough to really try any tube heads, even if i just planned on getting a 1X12 cab. I understand you don't like Ravens, a lot of people don't, but you're not going to convince me it's a bad amp when I play it everyday.
i'm sure they sell toy ones for maybe around that much. i saw a "bubblegum wah pedal" (gave me some lulz) for 30 bucks one time. not sure if the same standard applies to reverb pedals, but you are better off buying a practice amp that has some presets on it. i use a spider 4 and it reverb on it (not amazing, but it is there), though don't get it if you play anything other than metal/hard rock.
Last edited by stonedhippos at Nov 10, 2011,
Let me simply put it this way, I'm not getting another amp until I can afford a decent tube amp head and cab. Raven has reverb, but like most built-in reverbs it's pretty weak, and lacks any real control other than on, off, and sorta on.
Quote by tas38
Let me simply put it this way, I'm not getting another amp until I can afford a decent tube amp head and cab. Raven has reverb, but like most built-in reverbs it's pretty weak, and lacks any real control other than on, off, and sorta on.

Well, if you are planning on buying a tube amp and cab in the future, compliment it with some good pedals when you do get it.

Save up more money for a good reverb. 50 dollars won't cut it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
there is always the option of saving your money or borrowing from a friend. it is just that for $50 you don't have a huge range of options
If you're happy with how your Raven sounds, then just about anything will sound good. Find a little Digitech RP unit (Should be do-able with $50) and have fun until you outgrow your gear.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Yeah, 200 dollars is too much for a reverb really. I guess I should have been more clear that reverb isn't a HUGE priority. I'm mostly into punk rock stuff, where reverb kind of muddies up the sound when your mashing power chords into moderate-high gain distortion. 200 bucks my way towards guitar gear would either mean some very nice pickups or a nice distortion pedal.
I know this is going to sound ignorant, but something really turns me off about those amp modelers. I can't explain it, it just doesn't seem right..? I haven't really given them much of a chance. Stupid I know...
Quote by tas38
I know this is going to sound ignorant, but something really turns me off about those amp modelers. I can't explain it, it just doesn't seem right..? I haven't really given them much of a chance. Stupid I know...

You're not going to get anything that sounds better for $50, might as well get something with a bunch of different options.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Yeah, I know that you're right. I'll probably check out some modelers tomorrow when I go to GC. I like to be open-minded (I did pick a Raven after all, despite the negativity around them). It would be nice to also have a chorus in there. I'm not big on any effects outside of that. Phasers, flangers, tremolos, and other things like that are fun to play around with, but I don't get much practical purpose out of them.
I have a holy grail, simple and sounds the biz. You will have to go 2nd hand though.

I hear the berringer pedals are almost exact copies of Boss pedals, dont quote me, and they are pretty cheap. Try looking into those mayby.

Happy hunting
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)