So im thinking about getting ezdrummer, but what is the difrence between this and susperior drummer? What is the best? Is there any big diffrence? Does susperior feature midi dropping? What is the best and what is the main diffrences? Im doing mostly prog metal... Can i use the superior drummer expansion pack in EZ? What is easyer to use??
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Nov 10, 2011,
There is a feature list on Toontracks websites that will basically list all of the differences.

But long story short. Superior Drummer is better in every way imaginable.
There is a very big difference.

Superior uses all raw samples and is more for people who know how to mix. In general, the tones out of it are far superior (no pun intended ), if you know what you're doing. Superior can also use all the EZ Drummer packs inside it and does everything EZ Drummer does, and more.

EZ Drummer uses premixed samples and has limitations as to what you can do with articulations, etc. If you can't afford Superior, I would highly recommend Steven Slate Drums EX over EZ Drummer.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
There is a very big difference.

Superior uses all raw samples and is more for people who know how to mix. In general, the tones out of it are far superior (no pun intended ), if you know what you're doing. Superior can also use all the EZ Drummer packs inside it and does everything EZ Drummer does, and more.

EZ Drummer uses premixed samples and has limitations as to what you can do with articulations, etc. If you can't afford Superior, I would highly recommend Steven Slate Drums EX over EZ Drummer.

Well, im gonna make midi in guitar pro, drag it over in ez/superior, thrn drag it over to reaper (recording software). Can i make a full drimtrack in superior all manualy, just like gp?
Maybe I'm confused as to what you're trying to say... but why do you need to drag it to EZ Drummer or Superior?

Just import the MIDI file into a new track in Reaper and load either EZ Drummer or Superior on the track as a VST. Alternatively, you can just insert a new MIDI track in Reaper and write the drums right there, with your drum program monitoring each new hit you place on the track.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Maybe I'm confused as to what you're trying to say... but why do you need to drag it to EZ Drummer or Superior?

Just import the MIDI file into a new track in Reaper and load either EZ Drummer or Superior on the track as a VST. Alternatively, you can just insert a new MIDI track in Reaper and write the drums right there, with your drum program monitoring each new hit you place on the track.

Wait, you mean that i can just drop the midi in reaper, and then apply the dum program?does this mean that i can use a midi keyboard and record in reaper, then use a midi program to choose what sounds i want?
havent read anything that's been posted but ezd is to sd as ford taurus is to ferarri
Let's party.
Sounds about right. The bleed and articulation control is extensive.
Let's party.
Quote by Usernames sucks
Wait, you mean that i can just drop the midi in reaper, and then apply the dum program?does this mean that i can use a midi keyboard and record in reaper, then use a midi program to choose what sounds i want?

Yes and yes.

You can set your MIDI keyboard as the input on the track for your drums, load your drum program on it, set it to monitor and you can hear the drum hits live coming out of your program through your speakers/headphones.

Also - Yes, EZ Drummer is much smaller, but that's also because there's far less samples involved with it (less possibilities drum wise).
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
No contest, EZDrummer sounds very poor and 'plastic' to me, whereas Superior is much more realistic. I've never heard EZ sound like an authentic live drum track, to my ears.

Addictive Drums has a smaller install size than EZDrummer (around 1.6gb I think), but sounds far, far better and includes many more kits. It's quicker and easier to use than EZ and Superior, I highly recommend it.
Quote by kyle62
No contest, EZDrummer sounds very poor and 'plastic' to me, whereas Superior is much more realistic. I've never heard EZ sound like an authentic live drum track, to my ears.

Addictive Drums has a smaller install size than EZDrummer (around 1.6gb I think), but sounds far, far better and includes many more kits. It's quicker and easier to use than EZ and Superior, I highly recommend it.

Can i save a midi from guitar pro, then drop it to addictive drums, then drop it to reaper (my rec software)??
Quote by Usernames sucks
Can i save a midi from guitar pro, then drop it to addictive drums, then drop it to reaper (my rec software)??

Unfortunately, no. You have to change the notes that you put in Guitar pro to match the MIDI map of Addictive drums. So it won't sound right in guitar pro, but it'll sound proper when you put it into addictive drums.

After you change the MIDI notes to match AD, you can THEN export the midi file and pull it into reaper onto a track with Addictive Drums opened as an FX>VSTi
Quote by BloodReverence
Unfortunately, no. You have to change the notes that you put in Guitar pro to match the MIDI map of Addictive drums. So it won't sound right in guitar pro, but it'll sound proper when you put it into addictive drums.

After you change the MIDI notes to match AD, you can THEN export the midi file and pull it into reaper onto a track with Addictive Drums opened as an FX>VSTi

No dude, it all changed in the 1.5 patch. Just change the mapping in Addictive Drums to 'General MIDI' and it'll work flawlessly.