First off, could I run a Randall RH100 as the Pre-Amp for my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe? I know about slaving into the FX loop but just wondering if it's possible with that amp.
Secondly, will the tube power section of my Fender give the Randall some tube tone?
I'm a little confused, but since the Randall is 100 watts and the Fender is 40, you could run into issues. IMO, the sound will be OK at best, definitely not as good as the Fender on it's own.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
i think it will sond better on its own

but if you want to do this you would need to take the effects loop out from the randall into the effects loop in on the fender assuming they have one
not sure if you can go into the front end of the amp
Quote by souperman08
I'm a little confused, but since the Randall is 100 watts and the Fender is 40, you could run into issues. IMO, the sound will be OK at best, definitely not as good as the Fender on it's own.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Not if he slaves the poweramp of the fender by running the PREAMP of the randall. Which is what he's asking.

Randall FX send > Fender FX Return/Poweramp in
Do it and see if you like it.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yes, you can, and no, it probably won't give you much of a difference until you put it at around 5. Emphasis on "probably," though, since I've never tried it and may or may not be talking out my ass. Please report back if you try it, I'm curious now.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
In a nutshell, yes if you crank it. Since you have that head I'm assuming you play metal, which is primarily preamp distortion vs power amp distortion. So it's not going to give quite the tone you're looking for. Definitely try it out though, you're the only judge that matters when it comes to your setup.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]