Yo guys!

Anyone here with some kind of experience with the ESP-LTD Phoenix-200 guitar? http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/phoenix-200.html Looks pretty sweet imo, I like the shape of that and the specs would suit my style, probably needs a pup change tho. So if you have any experience with this guitar I'd love to hear something. I can't find any videos or reviews of this one.

Cheers
Other than being just about the cheapest neck-through instrument on the planet there's nothing special about it, it's your standrad LTD stuff. Body wings are regular basswood, pickups are generic ESP stock ones, basic hardware. Probably be a great platform to mod and if anyone wants a proper neck-through Firebird style guitar cheap then it's the way to go or if you have just wanted a 25.5" scale Firebird then this is pretty much your only option. But at the end of the day it's still a mass-produced Chinese-made LTD, the fact it's neck-through and a Firebird shape with 25.5" scale are the only special points about it. I picked one up in a store because I really like Firebirds, it had a couple of rough fret edges and the finish is like a thick layer of plastic. But for under £400 I probably wouldn't complain too much. The 1000 was a hell of a lot nicer and if you really want a 25.5" neck-through Firebird then I would suggest you wait and save up for the 1000.
Quote by grohl1987
Other than being just about the cheapest neck-through instrument on the planet there's nothing special about it, it's your standrad LTD stuff. Body wings are regular basswood, pickups are generic ESP stock ones, basic hardware. Probably be a great platform to mod and if anyone wants a proper neck-through Firebird style guitar cheap then it's the way to go or if you have just wanted a 25.5" scale Firebird then this is pretty much your only option. But at the end of the day it's still a mass-produced Chinese-made LTD, the fact it's neck-through and a Firebird shape with 25.5" scale are the only special points about it. I picked one up in a store because I really like Firebirds, it had a couple of rough fret edges and the finish is like a thick layer of plastic. But for under £400 I probably wouldn't complain too much. The 1000 was a hell of a lot nicer and if you really want a 25.5" neck-through Firebird then I would suggest you wait and save up for the 1000.

Yup. Im considering the 1000 even more. The money's not the problem. Not sure if I want to invest in that type of guitar that much though. Might need to try these out at my local store soon as they get them. Thanks for the information buddy!
Well liek I said the 1000 felt like a massive, massive step up in every way. So if you were a big fan of Firebirds then I'd say it's a no-brainer and the 1000 should be the only one anyone should consider buying. I actually liked it more than any Gibson Firebird I've tried in the last few years.

But if you more just think it looks kinda cool and like the spec but aren't really that hardcore into this style of the guitar then the 200 is still a nice instrument for the price. But it will need a pickup swap, better tuners wouldn't hurt and you'd want to get it set up properly.
Right. Im kinda like bouncing between guitars atm. Im a fan of firebird models, but I might aswell go for a real one in that price category. Not sure yet tho :P